Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Feb 28, 2017 01:12 AM

Hi,

I tried to convert an idea to project and i observed that some custom fields are copied over with no effort where as for some other custom fields are XOGged via custom script in process. Can I know what are the details that would be copied over from idea to project?

Also, what would be the manager name if the idea's manager is different from the person who has logged in currently (as manager field populates with the resource who is currently logged in)?

Thank you in advance.

Monica

• 2.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Feb 28, 2017 01:47 AM

The manager of the newly created project can be changed by changing the "default value" on that attribute in the project object.

I think the the data on attributes (in the Idea object), with a corresponding attribute with same ID (in the Project object), get copied..

• 3.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Feb 28, 2017 02:08 AM

Jeevan.B thank you for the response. But I want to know what could be default value of manager once the project is created from an idea conversion?

Also, on the copying of data from idea to project happens even with all custom attributes? What if a lookup attribute have a default value? will it overwrite it or leave it as such while populating the other fields?

• 4.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2017 05:19 AM

as long as the ID of the attribute is the same between the project object and the idea object it will copy as expected.

The value should remain the same. 

If the ID is different, you need to create an object mapping XOG to get the mapping right on conversion.

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1998952.html 

As for the manager field, when manually converted it is the user who converts who is set as the manager. (because lookup shows logged in user)

What behaviour do you want to happen? (idea manager becomes project manager??)

• 5.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Feb 28, 2017 05:36 AM

am1 , it's just that I was curious to know what would be copied over. That answers my question! Thank you so much