When we implemented Clarity PPM in 2008, we changed the labels for User Value 1 and User Value 2 to something much more meaningful for our company. (This was done in the file \resource\timeadmin_view_en.properties.) Since then, this has been done successfully with each upgrade, and no issues have even been experienced because of this change. Our development environment has now be upgraded to 15.2. The file change still "fixes" the classic timesheet view but not the new one. Does anyone know which file I need to change so that the new timesheet view will be correct?
For changing label "User value 1" in new UI, you need to modify a JSON file inside a war file, which I believe won't be recommended by CA. However if you are still looking for change then, file and its path are as below:
1) First you have to identify a war file placed in CA PPM server folder, war file name: ppm-ux.war
War file location: %CAPPM_Home_Path%\META-INF\uif\wars
2) Copy and extract this war file in your machine.
3) Look for a localozation file path as below:
4) You need to change the column definition for the label "User Value 1" which you want to change, will look as below:
"user_lov1": "Modified User Value 1",
5) Then make a war file again with the modifications included. Then you need to redeploy all the services. You will be able to see the new changed label for field.
Great Workaround Prashank. However this is completely unsupported approach with changing the file system
I agree, it's not supported by CA.