Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  attribute of an object is taking user value

Posted Nov 04, 2016 06:40 AM

HI Team

i have an attribute that will get a value from a look up. That look up we have created using dynamic niku query.

this look up provides only the one user information/it will show user who logged in. i mean whoever clicks the binocular of that lookup it will show their name and they will be able to add their name to the field(attribute).

but the problem is if i select my name in that attribute and click save, when other user logs in and see that attribute they are seeing their only name. i am not finding any settings to fix this off. The requirement of this attribute is to take/display any value, but if you want to add a different value the value should be your name.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Daya

• 2.  Re: attribute of an object is taking user value

Posted Nov 04, 2016 07:21 AM

What is the full NSQL of your lookup?

[ I think you need a parametrised lookup, such that it only displays "YOUR NAME" when the parameter is null and displays ALREADY-SELECTED NAME when the parameter is already populated ]

• 3.  Re: attribute of an object is taking user value

Posted Nov 04, 2016 07:28 AM

HI Dave

The issue here is not with Look up i am thinking.

The look up working correctly as we need that lookup to show only the logged in user details(FN, LN, Email etc.) to select.

The field which is using this lookup, is showing the name of the logged in user as the value only when i select my name of that look up when i was logged in. Please suggest.

PFB the nsql query.

SELECT @SELECT:u.id:user_id@,
    @SELECT:u.USER_NAME:UNIQUE_CODE@,
    @SELECT:r.id:resource_id@,
    @SELECT:r.first_name:first_name@,
    @SELECT:r.last_name:last_name@,
    @SELECT:r.full_name:full_name@,
    @SELECT:r.person_type:person_type_id@
    FROM srm_resources r,
    cmn_sec_users u

WHERE u.id = r.user_id
    AND u.id=@WHERE:PARAM:user_id@

• 4.  Re: attribute of an object is taking user value

Posted Nov 04, 2016 07:48 AM

The NSQL in your lookup needs to deliver the ALREADY-SET-USER-DETAILS instead of / as well as the LOGGED-IN-USER-DETAILS. At the moment your lookup only delivers the LOGGED-IN-USER_DETAILS.

The NSQL @BROWSE-ONLY@ construct (search for it in the manuals / on these forums for examples) is probably the answer you need - this allows you to build code that caters for this.

What is the use of '@BROWSE-ONLY:' in NSQL? 

• 5.  Re: attribute of an object is taking user value
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:08 AM

I see you got your answer in another thread lookup to display user's own information 

• 6.  Re: attribute of an object is taking user value

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:11 AM

HI Dave

i was about to reply to this issue thread. yes The got resolved.

thanks a lot for your help on this.

Thanks

Daya