Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 16, 2017 07:27 AM

We have implemented the use of Status Reporting in CA PPM.  For the overall status I know it uses the calculation based on Schedule, Scope and Cost/Effort.  The problem that I am running into is based on the calculation the ask is if one of the Schedule, Scope and Cost/Effort is yellow then overall status should be yellow.  If one of the Schedule, Scope and Cost/Effort is red then overall status should be red.  With each of the statuses weight values of 10 - green, 20 - yellow and 30 - red this doesn't seem to add up.  For instance 3 yellows would equal 60, but 2 greens and a red would equal 50.  Since the total for 3 yellows is greater than 2 greens and a red, the overall status indicator shows red, not yellow.  Is there somewhere else that values need to be changed?  We are currently on 14.2 and will be upgrading shortly, but in the meantime need to have the status report showing the needed values.

Art

• 2.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 16, 2017 08:38 AM

If I recall it correctly you have to change the mapping of green, yellow and read for all Schedule, Scope and Cost/Effort and then  the Overall status.

What we did it we made a matrix in excel with all the combinations of color codes varying the value of each color so that one occurrence would be adequate to take the total to the next level above the three occurrences of the previous level when the limits for the total were set accordingly..

• 3.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 31, 2017 07:22 AM

We did make a matrix in Excel with all the combinations. What we found was the upper limit of one causes the indicator for the next level to show. Any gap between the levels results in the default color indicator of white.

• 4.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 21, 2017 07:20 AM

Earlier today I gave CA Support feedback on this challenge.

Step 1 - Change the calculation on the attribute Overall Status on the Object Status Report - use Max(cop_schedule_status,cop_scope_status,cop_cost_eft_status), and you will need to change the Display Mappings ranges to be 10-10 Green, 20-20 Yellow, 30-30 Red.

Step 2 - You will then need to undertake similar changes on the following portlets - Status Report Indicators, Status Report Listing

Step 3 - You will need to undertake similar changes on the following JasperSoft Reports - Project Status Report, Project Storyboard.

My feedback to CA Support was why doesn't Portlets and JasperSoft use the view odf_cop_prj_statusrpt_v which includes cop_overall_status_color (or similar) where the view contains what 'color' is returned by the calculation so the change only has to be done once.

• 5.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 07:28 AM

Hi Roland

Based on this comment 

"My feedback to CA Support was why doesn't Portlets and JasperSoft use the view odf_cop_prj_statusrpt_v which includes cop_overall_status_color (or similar) where the view contains what 'color' is returned by the calculation so the change only has to be done once."

Portlets uses CA PPM database and out of box reports uses DWH as datasource. Ideally we can use the PPM tables in reports too using DB link. We need to find out why it used just DWH

• 6.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 21, 2017 11:57 AM

Has either one of you created an enhancement idea on this?

• 7.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 24, 2017 04:25 AM

Hi Suman, the data warehouse should be using the colours based on the calculations on this attribute.  This is not the case, the JasperSoft reports are using their own ranges to determine what colour should be shown.

The same applies to the Portlets, they also are using their own pre-defined ranges to determine what colour is required to be shown.

This type of set-up should  be done once, not in multiple places.

As a final observation, the new UI is also using its own calculation to the Overall Status - sadly there is now way to change it at this time.

• 8.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 05:01 AM

Hi Roland,

The reports colours are hard coded and in PPM it changes based on display mapping. This is a back log item but request you to create an Idea and we will see how many customers are looking for it. I also see you have a support case and team will revert back to you with the similar response.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 9.  Re: Project Status - Overall all Status Indicator

Posted Aug 21, 2017 12:35 PM

That is much simpler if you do not need to differentiate between 1, 2 or 3 occurrences of a level.

You might also have customer portlets which need to fixed.