Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to add resource to jasfersoft roles 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' by process/Job

Posted Aug 12, 2016 05:38 AM

Hi All,

I wanted to create a process/Job that add all the jaspersoft resources to 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' roles automatically.

Their is a job in Clarity that creates Clarity resources into Jaspersoft but once created we need to assign jaspersoft resources into 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' Role manually  in order to view OOB reports.

Is any ways to automate this?.

Thanks in Adv.

Regards,

Prakash

• 2.  Re: How to add resource to jasfersoft roles 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' by process/Job

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2016 06:59 AM

• 3.  Re: How to add resource to jasfersoft roles 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' by process/Job

Posted Aug 12, 2016 08:05 AM

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your responses.

But shared doc provide us manual approach but i am looking for automated process/jon that can provide us the simmilar functionalities.

If you have any details on automation, please do share.

Thanks,

Prakash

• 4.  Re: How to add resource to jasfersoft roles 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' by process/Job

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2016 12:08 PM

Hi Prakash,

Currently there is no supported way to do this automatically. I'll leave the other community members comment if they have created a solution to workaround this with automated script.

However this is an excellent idea that many customers will benefit from. Please do raise an idea in the Ideas section, and we will vote for it to be included in the Product for next releases.

Thank you -Nika

• 5.  Re: How to add resource to jasfersoft roles 'CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS' by process/Job

Posted Aug 15, 2016 03:26 AM

Hi Prakash,

This can be achieved with below steps, I know this is not the supported way of doing this mapping so please think twice before implementing this solution.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE CA SUPPORTED SOLUTION

• Create a external connection i NSA to Jaspersoft DB
    • Create a process and using the custom script
    1. Read users from clarity
    2. Get the user id from JasperSoft from JIUSER table.
    3. Get the Required role id from JIROLE table
    4. Insert into (roleid,userid) values(1111,11111)
    5. This will have the user mapped to required role in Jaspersoft

Schedule this process as a job using "Execute a process"

This should make your custom mapping work the way you want.

Regards,

Karthik