Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Export QnA data from PPM to IdM

Posted Aug 14, 2017 04:50 PM

Hello PPM Community,

My thought is perhaps this has come up before and someone could help advise me further on this integration question. Within the enterprise I'm working on, end users are required to use PPM to log their time, but to gain access to the system they needed to fill out their QnA for password self service. I'm assuming this data is stored in CA directory, encrypted, my question is it possible to export this data and import it into CA directory DSA used with CA IdM so that end-users can finally utilize password self-service effectively?

More info on CA IdM question here:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241782252-public-tasks-rolled-out-but-not-used 

Thanks in advance, they're all CA products and both using ca directory, perhaps the encryption is the same and it's easy to reutilize the QnA and not nag our end users to fill out two sets of the same security questions, should they forget their password or get locked out.

Regards,

Chris.  

P.S. if this isn't the correct area to ask an integration question like this, please redirect me to the appropriate place, thanks!

• 2.  Re: Export QnA data from PPM to IdM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 01:02 AM

The PPM authentication can be done via ldap and if PPM is LDAP then it will check the user name exist in the LDAP and it will allow.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-2/en/reference/ca-ppm-authentication-methods 

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Export QnA data from PPM to IdM

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:18 AM

Suman,

Thanks for replying, but this isn't an authentication question or what we can configure to authenticate against (because AD is already being used and PPM is hosted by CA). This is a question about forgotten password reset, specifically the questions and answers that users are filling out to identify themselves when accessing PPM for the first time. I want to export the QnA pairs from PPM and import them into CA IdM so that way when the end-user forgets their domain password and can't login to their computer they can reset their password using the same QnA they setup in PPM.

Thanks,

Chris.

• 4.  Re: Export QnA data from PPM to IdM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 05:52 AM

Can you please explain what is QNA pairs you are talking about?  As far as I am aware you cannot reset the domain password from PPM. Sorry if I am missing something

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Export QnA data from PPM to IdM

Posted Aug 17, 2017 02:15 PM

Suman,

We're using the hosted cloud version of PPM here at the bank. I'm assuming this SaaS version has the password self-service QnA feature.  My supporting evidence is where I found an enhancement request on your community, which clearly differentiates it by marking it as the "on-premise" version: https://communities.ca.com/ideas/103057717 , which leads me to believe this functionality may already exist in the "cloud" version...

Thanks,

Chris.

• 6.  Re: Export QnA data from PPM to IdM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2017 06:57 AM

Hi Christopher,

Even in Cloud version there is no option to reset the password and we have given this for new UX which was shipped with 15.2 and that only to change password from PPM and not LDAP

Regards

Suman Pramanik