Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

• 1.  How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 25, 2016 06:50 AM

Hi All,

We have integrated Jaspersoft (version 6.1.0) to our Clarity application 14.3 (Patch 7). Our team had done  a lot of customization in it. So we have good number of folders and its authorizations etc.

Now i want to export the entire things from Jaspersoft except users. List of users going to use jaspersoft in different instances will be different. If I go in jaspersoft console (manage--> server settings --> export  -->export everything --> include access events) i will get a zip file including users, it even include super user also with password encrypted in xml file. if I import it in another environment, it will copy the superuser password.(we are using different password for superuser in different instance).

If we extract the zip file which we exported from one instance and remove the 'user' folder and zip it again, can i import the file. Will it work ?

Or please let me know any other workaround for this. So we can avoid lot of manual activities and save our time also.

Thanks,

Agin

• 2.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 09:30 AM

Hi Agin,

There is no automated way, if you want to export everything  then literally everything comes however you have choice to choose users and roles which you want to move and I prefer doing it folder wise export and importing. I feels its clean that way and I have more control 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 10:17 AM

Hi Agin

Please try the following in your Test environment:
    1. Export your data from Server Setting - Export from another environment
    2. Go to Server Settings - Import
    3. Browse for your file
    4. Select the option Update
    5. Select the option Skip user updates
    6. Click Import

This should skip importing any existing users and should import everything else you need. Please try it out and confirm it works well for you. Please ensure the organization is the same between your environment, this is required for the imports to work between them.

I hope this helps -Nika

• 4.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 29, 2016 03:10 AM

Thanks Suman and Nika.

Nika_Hadzhikidi : I have done the import mentioned by you (Select the option Skip user updates). But it created the users also. (Copied the users from export instance to import instance).

To remove those users created in the environment, I tried to ran the job create and update users. But it fails. Error am getting is the below.

Failed to get an instance of ClarityJasperAdmin :: Exception getting ClarityJasperAdmin : Unauthorized access to http:/hostname:8080/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin

Could you please help me to fix the same?

Thanks,

Agin

• 5.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 05:49 AM

Hi Agin,

When you imported the report to Jaspersoft was this instance integrated to CA PPM, did the Job ran earlier on this instance? 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 29, 2016 08:38 AM

Yes. It was working till before the import.

Thanks,

Agin

• 7.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 09:01 AM

Ok I got it, as the imported the users there is a user called PPMJASPERADMIN and it holds the reference. So can you please run the below command to sync and then run the job

admin jaspersoft syncPPMContext -userName <username> -password <password>

Regards
    Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:04 AM

Hi Suman,

I have already executed this step. Today also again executed and restarted the Jaspersoft tomcat. But getting the same error.

If we go to advance reporting from application am getting the error "Error 401: User is not registered on the reporting server."

How we can proceed further ?

Thanks,

Agin

• 9.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:24 AM

Hi Suman,

Do i recreate the keystore and check it again. How you feel ?

Thanks,

Agin

• 10.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:53 AM

Before you execute the keystore try the below command

admin update jasperParameters 

• 11.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 30, 2016 06:07 AM

Hi Suman,

When i ran that command, am  getting the error that 'ppmjasperadmin' is not available in report server.

./admin update jasperParameters
    SYS   30-08 11:46:52,891 - User ppmjasperadmin not available in report server. Unauthorized code:401  parameter:
    SYS   2016-08-30 11:46:52,891 [main] jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin User ppmjasperadmin not available in report server. Unauthorized code:401  parameter:
    ERROR 30-08 11:46:52,892 - Login success, but Unauthorized access to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
    ERROR 2016-08-30 11:46:52,892 [main] jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin Login success, but Unauthorized access to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
    ERROR 30-08 11:46:52,892 - Could not login to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
    ERROR 2016-08-30 11:46:52,892 [main] jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin Could not login to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
    Failed to update: jasperParameters: Failed to update properties on the Jaspersoft server. Exception getting ClarityJasperAdmin : Unauthorized access to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
    Error occurred: java.lang.Exception: Failed to update properties on the Jaspersoft server. Exception getting ClarityJasperAdmin : Unauthorized access to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
    Check admin.log or use -verbose for more information.

In admin.log: I can see the below error.

Aug 30, 2016 11:46:52 AM Error executing command: update jasperParameters
    java.lang.Exception: Failed to update properties on the Jaspersoft server. Exception getting ClarityJasperAdmin : Unauthorized access to http://hostname/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin
            at com.ca.clarity.union.jasper.util.JasperUtils.updateJasperParameters(JasperUtils.java:78)
            at com.ca.clarity.union.jasper.util.JasperUtils.updateJasperParameters(JasperUtils.java:54)
            at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.doUpdate(AdminManager.java:3586)
            at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.invokeAction(AdminManager.java:423)
            at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.execute(AdminManager.java:188)
            at com.niku.nsa.service.Admin.main(Admin.java:77)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
            at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
            at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

Note: i have replaced actual host name with the word: hostname

Thanks,

Agin

• 12.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 06:17 AM

That states that you have deleted the user in Jaspersoft, now there is no other way apart from importing the content which will create the user ppmjasperadmin 

• 13.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 30, 2016 09:56 AM

No. I didnt delete the jasperadmin. i can see that ppmjasperadmin user in the system.

I tried importing the content. It was successful. But no luck.

Thanks,

Agin

• 14.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 06:08 AM

By any chance the ppmjasperadmin was altered in PPM? 

• 15.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Aug 31, 2016 01:14 PM

Nope. We didnt alter.

• 16.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 07:24 AM

I don't see any other reason unless you have specific steps where we can reproduce. What I can think of at this point your content import was incorrect. 

• 17.  Re: How to import the entire content of jaspersoft from one instance to other

Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:30 PM

Hi Agin - Were you able to make any progress on this? Thanks!