Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Collaboration manager can't see Action Items own project

Posted Apr 14, 2016 02:11 PM

Collaboration manager clicks on Collaboration tab, Action Items link - sees list.

Then, Collaboration manager clicks on an action item - gets "Error 401 - Access denied" message.

Why/how can collaboration manager(s) not see actions items on their own project?

Just starting to use Action Items.  On 14.2, on-prem.

• 2.  Re: Collaboration manager can't see Action Items own project

Posted Apr 14, 2016 02:22 PM

Found this:  Clarity: Collaboration managers get a 401 error when updating action items through the Collaboration tab - Action items …

Apparently, this was a bug that was fixed in 12.1.1:

WORKAROUND:

1. Update the Action Item through Overview/Organizer - Action items
        -- OR --
      2. Do not click on the Action Item name, update the action item status from the Collaboration - Action Items page

STATUS/RESOLUTION:

Resolved in Clarity 12.1.1.

Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-44172, clarity12resolved, clarity1211resolved.

Read more at http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec536096.aspx

Since we are seeing same behavior in 14.2, today - was bug never fixed or did it come back?

Will ask our IT team to create support ticket with CA Support.  If someone knows what needs fixing and can supply sooner, please reply.

Dale

• 3.  Re: Collaboration manager can't see Action Items own project

Posted Apr 25, 2016 02:03 PM

Received response from Support:

From: CA Technical Support [mailto:catechnicalsupport@ca.com]

Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 5:11 PM

To:

Subject: CA Support Request 00360671 - Collaboration mgr
              get a Cal-06038 error on Organizer

Hi      ,

I received your message. The question is regarding the
              testing and the information forwarded. I apologize if it is not clear. The
              Collaboration is expected to see only action items that they created or that is
              assigned to them. If someone else is a Collaboration Manager on the project and
              creates other action items that are not related to them they can see them on
              the list but they cannot click and view the detail- they do not have rights to
              that.

The product is working as designed.

Best Regards,

CA Technologies Support

Summary:  If the product is working as designed, then the requirements that produced this design are at fault.

- Project manager can only view actions on his project that he created or was assigned to - no ability to view/manage other actions on his own project

- Collaboration manager can only view actions on his project that he created or was assigned to - no ability to view/manage other actions on his own project

- If action creator leaves, actions are

- Partially orphaned - new creator can't be assigned, so action can't be edited, canceled, even if not needed anymore - assignee must do something with it

- Full orphaned - if assign also leaves, the actions are fully orphaned - no one to edit/cancel, no one to complete

Really?  People can create stuff on a project, that the project and collaboration manager can't manage?

Please, tell me I'm missing something.  I want to believe!  The truth is out there...