Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Regarding CA PPM v. 14.3: I’ m searching for an explanation (CAPA) of how to end a portfolio, without deleting it. What are the procedures? We have the CAPA for CA PPM 12.1, is the explanation for the procedure the same as for CA PPM 14.3?

• 1.  Regarding CA PPM v. 14.3: I’ m searching for an explanation (CAPA) of how to end a portfolio, without deleting it. What are the procedures? We have the CAPA for CA PPM 12.1, is the explanation for the procedure the same as for CA PPM 14.3?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:03 AM

Regarding CA PPM v. 14.3: I’ m searching for an explanation (CAPA) of how to end a portfolio, without deleting it. What are the procedures? We have the CAPA for CA PPM 12.1, is the explanation for the procedure the same as for CA PPM 14.3?

• 2.  Re: Regarding CA PPM v. 14.3: I’ m searching for an explanation (CAPA) of how to end a portfolio, without deleting it. What are the procedures? We have the CAPA for CA PPM 12.1, is the explanation for the procedure the same as for CA PPM 14.3?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 06:40 PM

As of 13.2 the portfolio module was completely redesigned, not much knowledge can be taken over.

It really depends on your business use case and how your organisation uses portfolios. I've seen them used as project lists to financial spend control instruments. I.e. shutting a portfolio down might involve updating other objects. 

Typically you'd just remove any sync schedules, then delete if no longer required.

However It's certainly possible to hide these "inactive" portfolios from view too.

• 3.  Re: Regarding CA PPM v. 14.3: I’ m searching for an explanation (CAPA) of how to end a portfolio, without deleting it. What are the procedures? We have the CAPA for CA PPM 12.1, is the explanation for the procedure the same as for CA PPM 14.3?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:25 PM

Hi Katrine, it would be good if you could detail more what you mean by "...how to end a portfolio...". By their very definition in Clarity PPM, portfolios are time bound to a set of dates (both on the start and finish). These dates truncate the information coming from the investments in the portfolio contents to fit within the date range.

am1 points out a critical point around the portfolio synchronisation. If at the end of the portfolio the synchronisation schedules are not removed or switched off, any changes to the attributes that formed the basis for inclusion of investments in the portfolio contents, may trigger removal of these investments. The effect of which is that you may want to check the historical record for the portfolio (say for the previous financial year) but then go to find the portfolio contents empty of investments.