Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to insert a row in ODF_MULTI_VALUED_LOOKUPS

Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:24 AM

Hi All,

I am working on a requirement where some project object attributes and their relative data is needed in Financial object so that they can be made available in Financial Management Domain at Advanced Reporting side.

The issue is with related to attributes which are having data types as multi valued.

I am trying to migrate  data of attribute ts_receiv_bu present in project object to zz_ts_receiv_bu present in Financial object(both are of multi valued data types)

I have checked and didn't find any XOG instance write for the Financial Object, so I am using insert command to populate the values for zz_ts_receiv_bu attribute in ODF_MULTI_VALUED_LOOKUPS table.

Below screen shows the values stored in the ts_receiv_bu attribute on project object

1.JPG

Now I am using the below mentioned approach in order to populate the above two values in zz_ts_recevi_bu attribute in financial object.

- Insert command will be used to create a row item.

- In the insert command within OBJECT column 'financial' value will be inserted.

- PK_ID will be the instance id in 'FIN_FINANCIALS' to which project is linked and rest all will be the same.

When I use above approach I get 'unique constraint' error.

Could you all please let me know if this is feasible or I am doing something wrong in above approach ?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to insert a row in ODF_MULTI_VALUED_LOOKUPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:29 AM

Hi Anant,

Direct insert to the database is not at all supported and can prove fatal. The reason you are getting unique error is there is a primary key. If you need to update the value of multi values lookup then you need to do it via UI, see if the look up and on the part of xog you can use content pack.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to insert a row in ODF_MULTI_VALUED_LOOKUPS

Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:32 AM

Hi Suman,

Is there any XOG instance write for Financial object ?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to insert a row in ODF_MULTI_VALUED_LOOKUPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:44 AM

There is no specific input file for object wise, there is a object_read and object_write to read or write any object