Clarity PPM1

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem:  process languages in a content package

  • 1.  Problem:  process languages in a content package

    Posted 11-27-2017 11:43 AM

    I am seeing that there is  problem in feature content package of Clarity v15.3 (also v14)

     

    When a process is multilanguage (has translations for text fields) and it is exported to a content package, then some text fields are lost; such as:

    • Action name  translations *
    • Action Description translations *

     

    * (just english languageCode="en" is saved to xml)

     

    In fact the problem seems that the contents of the Action Item name/description fields are being written over Action fields.

     

    Initial Action name, desc and translations:

    Action name, desc

    Initial Action Item subject, desc and translations:

    Action Item translations

     

    After creating a content package, content of the process xml

    xml content

     

    So after uploading the previous content package the "Action" Name, Desc translations are lost/replaced, except the english one.

     

    Action name, desc after uploading pckg

     

    Note:  the export of same process using XOG (bpm_processes_read.xml or content_pack_read.xml) has a different behavior for tags <nls> and the text is correct.

     

    is it a defect?

    Have u found the same using XOG from CLI?

    Experiences and/or  tips creating and supporting multilanguage processes?

     

    Dani.



  • 2.  Re: Problem:  process languages in a content package

    Posted 11-28-2017 02:34 AM

    Hi dapg,

     

    I performed Content Package for sample process in ppm 15.3 in house environment.

    I defined Action name in Japanese as follows. I defined Description for all language are "abc".

    I created Content Package jar file which is including above process.  --- (Package1)

     

    I deleted above process. After that, I installed (Package1) which is including deleted process by using Content Add-Ins.

    There was no problem. The process was reverted correctly.

    I also reviewed xog xml file in (Package1) and it was also correct xml.

     

    Could you provide replication step?

    I will try to replicate your problem.

     

    thank you.



  • 3.  Re: Problem:  process languages in a content package

    Posted 11-28-2017 04:24 AM

    hi Soichi,

     

    Is there an Action Item inside the Action?

    Following fields should contain a different text : Action name, Action Description, AI message Subject, AI message Description.

    Also you should write different texts in Action:General translations and AI message translations, so see if some verify that they are no replaced by other.

     

     

    Note: from Clarity, translations icon i only  be  displayed when the process in Draft mode.(I understand that it is to avoid changes when is Active, but IMO from an active process the translations should also be displayed as read only)

     

    Anyway, from an active process, the translation window can be displayed, executing following function in  developer console:

     

    openWindow('list','nmc.captions','large','language=en','table_name=CMN_NOTIFICATIONS','pk_id=xxxxxxxx','descMaxSize=2000')



  • 4.  Re: Problem:  process languages in a content package

    Posted 11-28-2017 08:34 PM

    Hi dapg,

     

    I summarized my investigation.

     

    1.  I have process which has Actions as following. I would share details of  "html_mail_english" action.

        check Translate.

        I defined different Name and Description for all Languages. 

    2.  I created "process_backup" Content Package which including above process.

        I also checked xog xml file in "process_backup" Content Package. All value were correct.

    3.  Next, I deleted process.

    4.  After that, I Installed "process_backup" Content Package via Content Add-Ins.

    5.  The process was reverted successfully and I checked "html_mail_english" action.

         I could replicate the problem as follows. All Name and Description were changed to same value.

     

     

    Please make a support case with clear description.

     

    Thank you. 



  • 5.  Re: Problem:  process languages in a content package

     
    Posted 11-28-2017 03:27 AM

    I believe it is best to make a case @ support with a clear description of the steps to reproduce.