Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Extract documents from Projects

Posted Apr 25, 2017 09:46 PM

I would like to extract documents from nearly 2000 projects in Clarity.

I understand that this can be done using XOG for a single project.

As per the below post, it can be done for multiple projects using GEL. 

https://communities.ca.com/thread/98114765

I have asked twice on the post above without success (no answer).

Would someone please help me using GEL or any other way?  I need to be able to do this urgently.

Windows 7 Enterprise desktop

Windows Server 2003

Clarity 13.10.0248

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  Re: Extract documents from Projects

Posted May 02, 2017 01:05 PM

'If you can, please log a support issue on this to say that the defect CLRT-50875 has affected you. Thanks.' - text copied from the post you linked to.

Have you considered this suggestion?

• 3.  Re: Extract documents from Projects

Posted May 09, 2017 10:39 PM

Thank you for your reply.  It is much appreciated.

CA Support have advised (prior to me posting) that this is NOT a defect and it will NOT be changed.  It is working as designed, apparently multiple projects can be achieved via a GEL script in a loop.  Has anyone in the world tried the GEL script successfully?

I have tried exporting documents from ONE project successfully.  However, I'm needing:

1. Help with automating the process for multiple projects and

2. Getting meaningful names and file type from the output!  Currently, folder and file names appear as numbers.  There are no file extension therefore you don't know how to open the files without guessing the application (e.g. Word, PDF, GIF etc).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4.  Re: Extract documents from Projects

Posted May 10, 2017 02:44 AM

Why don't you just write a batch file to run your already working script for 1 project.  You indicate this needs to be done urgently earlier, so suggest start simple using known scripts that are working.  It shouldn't be too hard to pull out project ID etc, to use to generate that batch file, which then calls your working script.

In relation to your question, have I done this - no, not for documents.