Clarity PPM1

Expand all | Collapse all

I want to change my fiscal periods to match finance's emerging changes; however, my existing fiscal periods, for current year and the next two years are tied to calendar months and I can't change them.  What prevents them from being changed and how do I r

• 1.  I want to change my fiscal periods to match finance's emerging changes; however, my existing fiscal periods, for current year and the next two years are tied to calendar months and I can't change them.  What prevents them from being changed and how do I r

Posted 04-14-2017 09:28 AM

• 2.  Re: I want to change my fiscal periods to match finance's emerging changes; however, my existing fiscal periods, for current year and the next two years are tied to calendar months and I can't change them.  What prevents them from being changed and how do

Posted 04-14-2017 05:05 PM

Hi Steve,

Check if you can deactivate them by selecting the Fiscal time period and clicking on Deactivate link

(more details here):

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec567400.html

If you cannot deactivate from there, then the period is in use. Check the technical document here on what could be in use so you can remove it if necessary:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec550794.html

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: I want to change my fiscal periods to match finance's emerging changes; however, my existing fiscal periods, for current year and the next two years are tied to calendar months and I can't change them.  What prevents them from being changed and how do

Posted 04-17-2017 11:06 AM

The technical document Nika linked is a good start.

Unfortunately if you are a large implementation with tens of thousands of projects and plans, this will be incredibly painful. 

We recently had to do this due to fiscal period changes. In summary you need to "unwind" your use of the fiscal periods, then put it all back in the new periods. There's a lot of logic to get right and a lot to go wrong, so I'd recommend to engage with an experienced consultant. (i.e. a partner or CA services)

Please get in touch if you want to know more