Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How do you handle Reject/Cancel/Send Back Reason and Communication in Workflows?

Posted Nov 11, 2016 03:18 AM

Hello All, 

Most of us using CA PPM processes for approvals. But each approval workflow has a reject option also. How your users input reject reasons? 

For example one of my customer has a Send Back Reason field in the idea form. Other one using Idea Notes sub object. Some of us using action item notes. 

What do you use and are you happy for using it  ?

Regards

Cagil Erk Demir 

• 2.  Re: How do you handle Reject/Cancel/Send Back Reason and Communication in Workflows?

Posted Nov 11, 2016 04:11 AM

My personal opinion, validated by users is that the mechanism is clunky.

Workflows in PPM whilst technically brilliant rarely provide a good user experience.

• 3.  Re: How do you handle Reject/Cancel/Send Back Reason and Communication in Workflows?

Posted Nov 11, 2016 09:08 AM

What works best for us is to have the AI recipient input their reason/notes into the AI notes. Our approval process captures those notes with gel and includes them in an email back to the idea submitter and populates them in a custom read-only Approver Notes field.

It's not as clean as I'd like, but the approvers like not having to navigate away from the AI to enter notes and the client team likes the fact that they can access the notes directly on the idea.

• 4.  Re: How do you handle Reject/Cancel/Send Back Reason and Communication in Workflows?

Posted Nov 11, 2016 03:36 PM

We're with Andrew. When I explain to users/leadership that, when rejecting AIs, all effort the user puts into the notes field goes nowhere... no one is pleased. Many good process engine & notifications Ideas are posted here in the community (eg: web notifications & action items 2.0). What 'right' looks like isn't rocket surgery and is commodity functionality in other applications. We're a small shop - we can't afford to custom develop solutions for this shortcoming - we need CA to dig into this and make it provide value.

Jason - fantastic work. Anything to share with our community friends?

• 5.  Re: How do you handle Reject/Cancel/Send Back Reason and Communication in Workflows?

Posted Nov 14, 2016 10:13 AM

Robert - thanks for the "no one is pleased" link.

Don't Make Me Think! - entire 2nd addition available as PDF.  Read one chapter - can't wait to read the rest.