Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Tasks in Gantt Chart

Posted Aug 31, 2017 01:21 PM

Hello guys,

I'm using CA PPM version 14.3 and in my company, we have some users that manages projects and uses the Gantt Bar.

Actually, we don't use the timesheet module. So, all projects have the track mode set to none. The problem is:

For PMs that uses MS-Project to plan and manage the project. When they update the % of done, tasks that have hours and resources, the time is registred. For the anothers, when we try to update the % in Gantt that have resources and hours, the task still open and EPT too.

What i can do in this case? Any ideas?

The option i found is to not assign resource in the tasks and only put the % of allocation in team tab.

• 2.  Re: Tasks in Gantt Chart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2017 02:57 AM

Could you provide further details on what the issue is?

• 3.  Re: Tasks in Gantt Chart

Posted Sep 01, 2017 03:44 AM

That sounds like the difference between Ms Project and CA PPM/Gantt.

In CA PPM the percent complete can be calculated from the effort or manually set.

If the method is set to manual that will not work so that when you enter percent complete you would get task actual hours based on your percent.

If you do not use timesheets and have set timeentry mode to none both for resources and project you can enter hours in OWB and therefore I assume also in PPM Gantt.

However, you do not enter them to tasks directly, but to the assignments.

In order to do that you have to have resources assigned to tasks.

• 4.  Re: Tasks in Gantt Chart

Posted Sep 05, 2017 06:58 AM

Hi Urmas,

Yes, it is. The problem is when i try to update the percent complete in PPM Gantt, the task doesn't get closed neither the actual hours.

For example:

I have a schedule that have some tasks for a assigned resource:

Then i want to update the percent to 100% and close the task:

If i use the same method like the MS-Project, the behaviour is to close the task and put the ETC to Actuals.

You can see in the image above that task status continues opened (in this case, started) and not closed.

There's a way to solve this?

Best regards.