Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 02, 2016 02:01 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've a question, is that possible to control rights on Objects attribute .??

For example, if i've Project object which Attribute_1 (RadioButton) in this object.

And i want let a few users to use this RadioButton (Make it ReadOnly).

Is that possible???

Regards

• 2.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 02, 2016 02:54 PM

The rights in Clarity are at object level so out of the box it is not possible with the standard rights.

A work around is at

http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=4633179&type=member&item=262536383&commentID=154508174&report.success=8ULbKy… 

• 3.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 03, 2016 03:23 AM

...or you could put your attribute on a protected subpage ; we can control update and view rights at subpage level.

• 4.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 03, 2016 04:53 AM

Hello David,

I Created a Protected Subpage. How can i control view rights to my attribute ?

• 5.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 03, 2016 05:20 AM

You grant access rights on the subpage (creating a protected subpage should give you new access rights to choose from)

• 6.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 04, 2016 01:52 AM

Open a specific user and try to add a global right to him. Search for the rights that starts with "Subpage", you will find the right which is related to that newly created subpage within the result list. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 7.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 09, 2016 07:04 PM

Hi Calemirou - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 8.  Re: Attribute's Right?

Posted Aug 08, 2016 11:35 PM

Also to make it more secured you may use display conditions for the secured subpage, that way you can control whether to display attribute's value on the object's list page. You can set it from object -> views -> options -> "Attribute Value protection".

so if a user adds the field to list view, he will not see field's value if he does not meet the display condition criteria.

Without the display condition being used, the field, even if displayed on a secured subpage is always available to be added on object's list page in "configure" option (available fields).

You can set a display condition like show this page to only certain group.