Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to remove content packs from Clarity

Posted Apr 19, 2016 06:03 AM

In an effort to tidy up a Clarity configuration I would like to be able to remove content packs that are no longer needed. The main target would be unused lookups, queries and portlets. The main benefit would be better documentation for the things we do use leading to better support. The reduced clutter would simplify impact analysis for future developments.

The processes from content packs have already been removed.

Currently we have 3 content packs loaded: System Clarity content; PMO Accelerator; and CA Clarity PPM Essentials. We would like to remove as much of the latter two as possible.

I've written some queries that identify what we use, but decided I would create a case to see if there were any recommendations. This is the reply:

Unfortunately, there is no supported way to remove installed Content Packs, you should leave them as-is. If you really do not need them anymore, you can at least try to deactivate those portlets from the PPM UI so you make sure that they are not added and used anywhere. .... As you find this feature useful, I would like to
    suggest to go to our CA PPM Community and file an Idea for this.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this and any possible recommendations?

• 2.  Re: How to remove content packs from Clarity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 06:10 AM

Hi Mark,

Currently we don't have a supported way to remove the content pack, also there is a potential risk of data integrity while removing. You will be removing on database but there are many app level files also.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: How to remove content packs from Clarity
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 09:50 AM

Hi Mark,

As there is currently no supported procedure to remove the content packs in one go, you can do the following:

1. Get the Addin's guide with the complete list of included features.
    2. Connect to Clarity PPM UI - Go to:

Lookups
    Queries
    Portlets
    Objects

3. Select and delete all the content you don't think you will need, based on the manual from step 1.

This is going to be safe for your environment.

Please note that you may want to delete the portlets first, before the queries, as otherwise it may throw a warning.

Another thing for you to note : PMO Accelerator is used on Clarity PPM 14.2 and higher for Reporting and OOTB reports. If you choose not to install/upgrade it, the reporting functionality in version 14 will be impacted.

Please let me know for any questions.

Kind Regards -Nika

• 4.  Re: How to remove content packs from Clarity

Posted Apr 19, 2016 10:08 AM

Many thanks Nika,

This is along the lines I was considering. We do not use any OOTB reports and so would not plan to upgrade the PMO Accelerator.

Kind regards,

Mark