Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup

Posted Dec 06, 2016 03:59 AM

HI everyone,

i created a dynamic query lookup, and i have enabled suggestion for full name lastname and firstname.

when i associate this with a field, while we enter first name or last name or full name its not showing any suggestion.

Do you think any other setting is necessary for this to happen?

thanks i  advance.

Thanks

Daya

• 2.  Re: Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup

Posted Dec 06, 2016 05:53 AM

Suggestions should just happen as long as the lookup's settings are set right on the "Auto Suggest" tab, which it sounds like you have done - perhaps you could compare those settings against a stock "person" lookup such as LOOKUP_RESOURCES?

Otherwise I do know that when the application has problems with an auto-suggest lookup it tends to write error messages to the app-ca.log file, you could look at that to see if it offers any clues?

• 3.  Re: Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup

Posted Dec 06, 2016 06:32 AM

HI David

ours is on demand portal, so logs are not available. i checked with many lookups, my lookup is noway different than other. not sure what else i can try.

• 4.  Re: Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 08:30 AM

Hi Dayananda,

You can still look into logs from http://servername/niku/nu#action:security.logs 

Regards

Suman

• 5.  Re: Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup

Posted Dec 06, 2016 09:02 AM

We have noticed that changes to the auto-suggest option gets 'activated' after the caches have been flushed.

As an admin user, go to http://servername/niku/nu#action:security.caches and click Flush All.

Logout and try the lookup suggestion again.

• 6.  Re: Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup

Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:16 PM

sorry guys no luck.

this is not working still for me.

Thanks

Daya

• 7.  Re: Enabling suggestion for a dynamic qury lookup
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:25 PM

HI Guyz,

sorry. it worked after i clear the security.caches, logout and login did the job for me.

thanks a ton for all your efforts and suggestions.