Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Dashboard Error

Posted Oct 19, 2016 10:46 AM

Hello,

I have created a dashboard using Jaspersoft ad hoc reports and canned reports from CA PPM. I have added the Over/Under Allocation by Role report into the dashboard, but when I try to click on the role, which you can do if you just run the report, I get an error message that says 'authorization failed'. At first I thought it might be an access issue, but then I asked our system administration, who has full access to the system, to try and he is receiving the same issue. I have not changed anything on the report, I just drag and dropped it into the dashboard. Has any one else experienced this and do you know why?

Thank you!

Christina

#Jaspersoft #dashboard #errormessage

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Dashboard Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2016 02:29 AM

HI Christina,

Can you please let me know the below infomation 

1. PPM & Jaspersoft version

2. What Advance Reporting rights you have?

3. Did you made any changes to the folder permissions?

4. What error is logged in the jasperserver.log

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Dashboard Error

Posted Oct 20, 2016 01:51 PM

Hi Suman,

I have answered your questions below:

1. PPM & Jaspersoft version --> 14.3

2. What Advance Reporting rights you have? --> Full administration rights

3. Did you made any changes to the folder permissions? --> No

4. What error is logged in the jasperserver.log --> Not sure what you mean by this?

Before the error:

After I click on a role this is the error I experience:

Thank you,

Christina

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Dashboard Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 02:48 AM

Can you please provide the Jasperserser log as we can see the error from there. Also I am trying to test and will come back to you

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Dashboard Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 03:07 AM

I tried doing the same and got the report and then the moment I click on any role to drill down I get the error. I believe the report is made for drill down and you cannot get the same functionality in dashboard because ifyou click on Role then you it redirects to different report which is Capacity vs demand By resource and in the dashboard you have only one report. 

You can still do drill down in dashboard but you need to create a report where drill down remains in one report and not redirects to another report.

If you run the Allocation by role as report and then click on Role it gets redirected to another report. Hope this help. We dont need the jasperserver log.

This is working as designed.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft Dashboard Error

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:29 AM

Thank you!

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but that is what we were thinking was the issue. I was hoping there would also be a way you could've created a hyperlink so when you clicked on the role it would send you to the capacity vs demand report in a separate dashlet. But, you are unable to create hyperlinks and can only create filters on those reports.

Thank you for your help anyways!

Christina

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft Dashboard Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 11:47 AM

Yes dashboard in not that meant for, the other way is you can create a report and have that other report as sub report and pull that information.