Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

• 1.  Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jun 28, 2017 02:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All, looking for some guidance or whether this is feasible from the PPM community. Our resource management processes are weak, but we have resisted the ability to allocate everyone to every investment.

So what we are aiming to do for our timesheet users is expose the investment allocations and task assignments. Given the limited exposure to Clarity that the majority of timesheet users will have, is it possible to leverage the 'Organizer - Tasks - Personal' portlet and place this on the home page (see attached image). I have tried to do this but the portlet does not appear in the portlet list, nor can I find the portlet page.

One other point for consideration, I can't build a custom portlet for our timesheet users as it would put them in a different license category - so I am restricted to base functionality.

Thanks in advance, and any help here would be appreciated? If this is not possible, I would also like to know.

• 2.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jun 28, 2017 08:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Christopher. We keep an NSQL based 'My Assignments' on the Overview for all users. I'm certain I based this code on something OoTB (PMO Accelerator?) but I can't find anything right now. It steers clear of Allocation - we need to mature resource management before this will become valuable information for our team members.

Is this similar to the functionality you're looking for? 

Attachment(s)

pdf
    My Assignments Portlet.pdf   706 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 28, 2017 09:16 AM

Agree with Rob on - "we need to mature resource management before this will become valuable information for our team members."

There's an OOB portlet (with PMO accelerator) that can be put on the overview page

Team Member Task Summary Portlet

Use this portlet to view resource assignments, ETC, pending actuals, and actuals for project tasks.

Note: This portlet is available with the PMO add-in but is not included on any pages. As a developer with administrative rights, use Studio to add this portlet.

Standard or Add-in: PMO
    Portlet ID: cop.teamMemberOrganizer
    Category: Productivity
    Data Provider: Team Member Organizer
    Data Provider ID: cop.teamMemberOrganizer
    Data Provider Type: Query

Regards

• 4.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jun 28, 2017 10:01 AM

Boom! There it is. Awesome! Thanks NJ! I was searching 'assignment'.

Christopher, basically we copied this portlet/query and added an AND clause to focus on the logged in User ID, added a couple other things relevant to our business processes then placed it on the Overview for all to see at first login. It's a fantastic communication & accountability aid.

AND (u.id = @WHERE:PARAM:USER_ID@)

• 5.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jun 28, 2017 10:29 AM

Always welcome

Have a great day

Regards

NJ

• 6.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jun 28, 2017 07:08 PM

Thanks  NJ (navzjoshi00) / Robert (Robert_Ensinger) - this is the stuff I was looking for. I will be checking in with our local CA sales guys to see what impact planting either of these on the homepage has for licensing.

If we get the go ahead, this looks easy to deploy.

• 7.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jun 29, 2017 01:05 AM

Welcome

Do let us know the outcome

Regards

NJ

• 8.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jul 03, 2017 12:19 AM

Hi NJ / Robert. This has worked a treat. And I confirmed with CA here in Australia that even with adding the additional user argument in the query it does not impact the licensing position for our timesheet users. Problem solved - thanks guys. Deploying in the next week into our PROD environment.

• 9.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jul 03, 2017 12:26 AM

Brilliant

Regards

NJ

• 10.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jul 19, 2018 04:23 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

This is excellent portlet for our Resource management and I'm really happy you posted it

Furthermore, I have one question regarding ETC - our management would like to be ale to manage ETC there. I was quite surprised I was not able to set "Allow grid editing" to 'enabled'. Do you know if this can be set there?

Thanks,

Matej

• 11.  Re: Deploying the "Organizer - Tasks - Personal" portlet view onto the 'Home - General' page

Posted Jul 19, 2018 04:35 AM

We can't edit data (aka "allow grid editing") in NSQL-based portlets at all.

(I suspect that the option only appears on that studio-screen due to re-use of that screen for portlets where we can edit data - i.e. object based ones)