Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Ad Hoc Report

Posted Jan 19, 2017 03:35 PM

I am on-demand and is upgrading to Japsersoft version 6.2.1_5.2.1.2.6 and noticed that when creating ad hoc report, it is defaulted to Crosstab report, instead of choosing whether a table, chart or crosstab report when selecting the fields after choosing a domain.  Is there a way to change this default?

Prior version

New

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Ad Hoc Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 05:38 PM

Hi Candice,

Unfortunately there is no way to change this default in a supported way, it's a setting in a file in the Jaspersoft server. We have raised an enhancement for this with Jaspersoft. There is a file hack workaround posted on Jaspersoft communities, but it was reviewed and considered unsafe by our Development. We have to wait for the official solution to be certified.

Please feel free to raise an idea here in the Communities as well, as it would help our Product Management also prioritize the requests for Jaspersoft.

And for the time being, what I have found that helps me, is to set the report to Table and No Data first, and then work on adding the fields. If you don't change the type to Table before adding fields and add them to Crosstab, and then want to change, then you may have to re-do a lot of the items.

Hope this helps -Nika