Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3

Posted 05-26-2016 06:10 PM

Hello all,

Hoping some of you "gurus" can point me in the right direction... I have generated a XOG XML file based on the steps outlined here in hopes of being able to XOG in 50 years worth of monthly, quarterly, and yearly fiscal period data. The other alternative of entering it all manually sounds... less than pleasant. Currently running CA PPM 14.3, no patches.

When I try to execute the XOG, I get a fatal error stating that "GL Periods" tag is not allowed. I've attached both of the input and output files to this post. The entity is set up, I have previous periods for 2015 and 2016 in the system, and I'm stuck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

ABT

• 2.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3
    Best Answer

Posted 05-27-2016 08:29 AM

Did you read the entity out first?

That would give the correct format

Your error is

<Description>[Error] :0:0: tag name "GLPeriods" is not allowed. Possible tag names are: <obsTypes>

</Description>

What it is saying is that you cannot have GLPeriods at that point, You need to have obsTypes

This is what I get when I read an entity from 13.3

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="entity" version="8.0"/>

<Entities>

<Entity billingCurrency="EUR" defaultLaborRateSource="Matrix1" defaultLaborSourceLocation="resource" defaultProjectClass="Project" defaultWIPClass="WIP" entity="Entity1" exchangeRateTypeEquipment="AVERAGE" exchangeRateTypeExpense="AVERAGE" exchangeRateTypeLabor="AVERAGE" exchangeRateTypeMaterials="AVERAGE" externalId=" " finPeriodCode="MONTHLY" geoOBS="locs" homeCurrency="EUR" orgOBS="deps" reportingCurrency="EUR">

<description><![CDATA[entity1]]></description>

<shortDescription><![CDATA[entity1]]></shortDescription>

<obsTypes>

<obs code="deps" name="Deps">

<level depth="1" name="Level 1"/>

<objectAssociation associationType="Any Unit" object="project"/>

<objectAssociation associationType="Any Unit" object="resource"/>

<unit code="it" name="IT"/>

</obs>

<obs code="locs" name="Locs">

<level depth="1" name="Level1"/>

<objectAssociation associationType="Any Unit" object="project"/>

<objectAssociation associationType="Any Unit" object="resource"/>

<unit code="america" name="America"/>

</obs>

</obsTypes>

<GLPeriods>

<GLPeriod endDate="2011-12-31" entityId="Entity1" isActive="true" periodName="2011_01" periodType="MONTHLY" quarter="0" startDate="2011-12-01" year="2011">

<nls languageCode="cs" name="1.12.2011-31.12.2011"/>

Add something similar to the data following the tag obsTypes and  remember to close the tag.

Just wondering why would you need 50 years of fiscal periods for if you don't mind me asking.

Are you gonna be there after 50 years or is CA PPM gonna be there?

• 3.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3

Posted 05-27-2016 09:02 AM

urmas - Thanks for the guidance. I did do a read on the entity itself, but stripped down the output in an effort to reduce the noise in the XOG file. Do you happen to know if I can leave a single "unit" per "obs" and "location" tags, or if I have to leave the entire OBS and Location structure in place? I'm currently working against my Test system that might be slightly different, and I was hoping to leverage the same XOG file against Production later on. Would it work to just leave the highest level "unit" for a point of reference?

Also, to answer your question on 50 years: It's more of a "I don't ever want to have to do this again" than a real business requirement.

• 4.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3

Posted 05-27-2016 09:20 AM

Sorry, I don't know.

It should not take too long to try just with

<obsTypes>

</obsTypes>

If that errors then add more.

• 5.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3

Posted 05-27-2016 09:51 AM

It does work with empty tags, and all 50 years XOGged in about 25 seconds. Thanks for the help!

• 6.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods gets "Invalid Tag" error - 14.3

Posted 05-27-2016 11:17 AM

;-)

I normally only do a couple of years at a time. When those run out I read them out and do search a replace for the years in the file and fix the end of February for leap and non leap years.

Does not take that long.