Have the following scenario:

• Program
      • Product A
        • Project A
          • Support project 50%
        • Product B
          • Project B
            • Support project 50%

When trying to open the Program in MSProject, only the program milestones show up.  When looking at Subproject list page, there are no items.

Our hours and costs roll-up to the products as these represent business cases.  Since the products are related, having same customer milestones, we want/need to open the projects in Clarity Gantt and MS Project and see the project data correctly.  Also, want to view Program Subproject list page and see the status information/stoplights from the projects in the hierarchy.

If I add Project A and Project B to the subprojects list page, they are then added a second time to the hierarchy - making it very complex/difficult to view.  Also, when then exporting to MS Project, error messages are generated regarding not being able to open same project more than once.

Anyone else with this problem?  Did you solve it?  Or, is this "working as designed"?

Yes, I understand that I could  do this, too:

• Program Product
      • Product A
        • Project A 100%
          • Support project 50%
        • Product B 100%
          • Project B
            • Support project 50%

AND

• Program Project
      • Project A 0%
        • Support project 50%
      • Project B 0%
        • Support project 50%

But BOTH the Product users and Program users want to see effort/costs and there is no way to roll up the data to both.  Also, understand Portfolios might be used, but this doesn't solve the opening in Gantt/MSP requirement.

Dale