Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Budget Cost not up to date

Posted Aug 25, 2016 01:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently encountered a problem with one of our projects, specifically with the cost plan, calculations of  planned cost.

When i run the following query i get inconsistent results that have nothing to do with the actual data that is showed in Clarity.

select *
    from odf_ssl_cst_dtl_cost
    where prj_object_id in (select id from fin_cost_plan_details where plan_id=???)

I doubled checked the plan_id from the url, and it seems all checks out but the values presented have nothing to do with the values displayed in the cost plan.

This issue only occurs for some of our projects, the rest of them return consistent values.

I tried to recalculate the time slices but no change there, also can you tell me what time slices i should calculate for this? or it has nothing to do with time slices? .

I ran this ones:

- monthlycurrentbaseprojusage

- monthlycurrentbaseprojcost

Is there something i am forgetting or this is a much deeper issue that requires a ticket?

Anyone have an idea of what is happening here?

CA PPM 14.3

SQL Server 2012 Enterprise

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Budget Cost not up to date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 11:02 PM

Hi,

Try running this query to see the if the slices are up to date. You might want to modify the query to include only one project which you think is out of sync.

select systimestamp as current_time , det.id, det.total_cost, det.odf_ss_cost, slc.start_date, cast(slc.created_date as TIMESTAMP), slc.slice, last_updated_date
    from fin_cost_plan_details det left join odf_ssl_cst_dtl_cost slc on det.id = slc.prj_object_id
    where last_updated_date > sysdate - 0.1

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Jerin   

• 3.  Re: Budget Cost not up to date

Posted Aug 31, 2016 05:01 AM

Hello Jerin,

The query did not return any records . What particular slice has the financial data? maybe if i try to recalculate it...

Thank you!

• 4.  Re: Budget Cost not up to date

Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:18 PM

Hi Jerin_Sebastian - Any further input for TiagoAb? Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Budget Cost not up to date

Posted Aug 30, 2016 07:32 PM

Hi TiagoAb - Did Jerin_Sebastian's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 6.  Re: Budget Cost not up to date