Hello, everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum, so if I've posted this in the wrong section, please help me out and point me in the right direction.
Anyway, we're running an instance of CA Clarity PPM v.13.3 and I'm working on writing a custom process that does the following:
- We have a custom attribute (boolean/checkbox) on the Task object that, upon updating to a value of 1, should trigger my custom process to run. For all intents and purposes, let's call this the 'Published Task Info' checkbox.
- The process checks all other tasks on the project and sets their value to 0 if they, too, have this box checked. Basically, this ensures that only the most recently 'published' task is set to a value of 1 for the Published Task Info checkbox.
- The process then takes the Start date of the task as well as another custom date attribute on the Task object and pushes them both into two separate, custom date attributes. One of the custom dates exists on the project object, the other exists on the investment object.
My process is validated and runs successfully when I do so manually. However, I can't seem to get it to fire automatically on update. I've ensured that the Start Options for the process are the following:
- Start Option: Auto-Start
- Start Event: Update - Do not start a new process if one is already running: 1/YES
- Start Condition ( Task Published Task Info = 1 )
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, everyone!
The user who initiates the processes (the one who updates the flags on the task itself) will need to have the Process - Start access right.
If that is not the issue, perhaps construct a process with a simpler start condition to see if your problem lies with your "setup" (access rights etc) or your "start condition logic"? (EDIT : sorry just reread your post, you have a fairly simple start condition already ; Incidentally I'd usually expect to see such a start-condition say something about previous attribute values as well as the current value though, otherwise the process should start on any update of the record not just the relevant boolean flag).
Thank you for the prompt response. Greatly appreciated.
I've validated that all users of this process have the Process - Start right, including myself. As you mentioned, I think the Start Condition is already rather simple, but when you mention the previous value, do you mean something like this?
( ( Task Published Task Info = 1 ) and ( Task Published Task Info [Previous Value] = 0 ) )
^ yes exactly.
there are some options in the administration menu (under Data Administration / Process Engines) that you can monitor what is happening with the 'messages' that the system is sending around to trigger processes (think you have to give yourself an additional admin right ("Process Engine Monitoring") to see that menu option though). On the 'Events' tab on that option you should see the 'sent event' that is the user checking the flag, and then the 'received event' when the process-engine picks it up. You might get some clue about what is happening by looking in there?
Thank you, David! I'll give that a try later today when I have some time and will update accordingly.
Unfortunately, that didn't work. Thank you for trying though! Any other insights?
Only see if the "Process Engine Monitoring" can help diagnose.
This may look silly, but can you try granting 'Process- AutoStart' right and see if it works.
Thanks for chiming in. I already checked that one as well. No luck.