Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Using Domains in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 14, 2016 10:10 AM

While at CA World 2015, I attended a demonstration of Jaspersoft and the person leading the demonstration was warning people from using Domains in Jaspersoft as it may create performance problems.

I have been looking for more information around this and have only found a few sparse comments here and there. Would anyone in the community have any real-world experience with using domains in Jaspersoft with CA PPM? If so, what have you found in regards to performance?

Thanks!

Mike.

• 2.  Re: Using Domains in Jaspersoft
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2016 11:06 AM

Hi Michael,

Below are some information

1.       Any filters that are used in a report are applied in memory which causes performance issues

2.       Jaspersoft do not support aggregations (Jaspersoft do not support aggregations in DOMEL, which is the domain language used in Studio reports for domain-based reports). DOMEL has limited functionality today.

3.       Our recommendation is that customers write direct SQL Studio reports and not domain-based Studio reports.

Hope this helps

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Using Domains in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 14, 2016 11:28 AM

Thank you!

• 4.  Re: Using Domains in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 14, 2016 12:02 PM

Once further question:

If I understand this correctly, we'll need direct database access to the custom database so we can write the queries. Correct?

• 5.  Re: Using Domains in Jaspersoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2016 12:15 PM

With CA PPM, you can built reports on two database i.e PPM Schema & PPM_DWH and you will need read only access to the schema to write the reports.