Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Customize project page "New from Template"

Posted Mar 09, 2016 05:13 AM

Hi All,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to customize (add/remove some fields) page when creating project through "New from Template" button...

I know about possibility of customizing view/page for "standard" creation of project through just "New" button

(can be found in: Object: Project | Partition: System | View: Project Properties | Mode: Create - Property Layout) but would like to know about this possibility also for templates projects.

Is that possible? I'm sure it should...

For better understanding I'm attaching also pictures:

Create project from template (picked up some type of project):

project_template1.jpg

Would like to customize this page with deleting some attributes (marked red), and adding some attributes (e.g. Project layout for tabs...)

project_template2.jpg

Thanks,

Matej

• 2.  Re: Customize project page "New from Template"

Posted Mar 09, 2016 05:55 AM

The tweaking of the filter can be done here:

Object: Project | Partition: System | View: Project Template List - List Column Fields

Object: Project | Partition: System | View: Project Template List - List Column Layout

As for the page itself, it is system page.

If you click on New or New from Template, you see the same action:projmgr.projectNew

I would suggest looking for the files on the server which relates to this. NOTE: This would be customization, and I would suggest checking with support before making any changes

NJ

• 3.  Re: Customize project page "New from Template"

Posted Mar 09, 2016 06:01 AM

Hi navzjoshi,

About adjusting the filter, I know this option you've mentioned, but would like to adjust page itself.

Do you know the name of the respective file on the server? Thanks

Matej

• 4.  Re: Customize project page "New from Template"

Posted Mar 09, 2016 06:33 AM

Don't know the file, but you can check for these two:

projmgr.projectNew

projmgr.selectProjectTemplate

You can check under: \Clarity\META-INF\projmgr\

NJ

• 5.  Re: Customize project page "New from Template"

Posted Mar 09, 2016 08:28 AM

Hi,

Thanks, so, finally I've got it. The file name is templateCopyOptionsTmpl.xsl but don't know if it's standard or custom file...

Matej

• 6.  Re: Customize project page "New from Template"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 12:12 PM

Hi Matej,

There is no out-of-the-box/supported page that would allow you to use a template to change the view like you want to.

The only thing I can think of that would do something close to what you want would be the following:

1.  remove that section from the properties page

2.  create a sub-page to contain that data.

3.  Create an attribute that will only be populated when a project is created from your template.

4.  Create a process that autostarts on create when this template is used that populates your attribute with a specific value.

5.  Create a display condition on your subpage so that the subpage you created only displays when the value of your attribute is the one populated by your process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill

Senior Support Engineer

CA PPM (formerly CA Clarity)