Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  MSP-Clarity Integration {"Actual Cost" not populated, however, "ACWP" is.}

Posted Mar 24, 2016 08:43 AM

Hello Team,
    I searched the community and couldn't find anything in regards to this.  Please let me know if I've overlooked something.

I'm working with Clarity 13.3, Oracle, IE11, & MS Project 2010 Professional v14. 
    Probably more than what's needed, however far too often posters are not providing enough info to help troubleshoot.

The challenge I'm facing is that we have the Integration between MSP and Clarity working for a portion of our portfolio.
    After a few months of running I have only encountered this issue once, which we never ran across in our testing.
    When exporting our project from Clarity to MS Project.  It goes through it's normal gyrations.
    No error messages were received and most of the data looks correct. 

However, at a deeper look,  the "Actual Cost" field in MSP is populating as $0.  If I look at the "ACWP" field it is populating the same as what Clarity and the database are reporting.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation, you're willing to share.

Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
    MW

• 2.  Re: MSP-Clarity Integration {"Actual Cost" not populated, however, "ACWP" is.}
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2016 09:31 AM

Can you see if checking the option 'Actual costs are always calculated by Project' helps (If not checked already)? This would be found in MSP in File->Options->Schedule under the "Calculation options for this project" section. 

Here's a KB that references this, though I'll have the steps updated on how to check the field  as they are for an older version of MSP: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec439254.aspx

• 3.  Re: MSP-Clarity Integration {"Actual Cost" not populated, however, "ACWP" is.}

Posted Mar 24, 2016 10:04 AM

Thank you for the KB, just couldn't seem to locate it initially.

Darn individualized Settings! Bring on Project Server!!