Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Sep 13, 2016 07:12 AM

Hello All,

We recently upgraded from 13.1 to 14.3 patch 7 .We are using a functionality called WebDav from our previous vendor ITD which is used to access the project documents.

I am aware of the process of installing the webdav and last time when we upgraded from 13.0 to 13.1 it was successfully installed along with the changes in the TomCat directory server files.

But after the recent upgrade from 13.1 to 14.3 patch 7 the Webdav is no longer working.

I could successfully install Webdav, but when I try to do changes in tomcat-app-deploy & tomcat-nsa-deploy server files I see a difference in the previous and this version syntax which could be due to addition of jasper and other things in the new version software.When I add the configurations there and restart the services.

The Webdav doesn't work.

Has anyone faced a similar issue recently or in past.

Any pointers would be of great help?

Regards,

Supriya Chakraborty

• 2.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2016 08:09 AM

Hi Supriya

Can you through some more light on this, I am trying to understand the problem what exactly it is? There are changes but you also need to tell what the customization do to. Also some logs will help.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Sep 13, 2016 11:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Suman ,

Thanks for the revert .

Hope you are doing good .

The installation of WebDAV  includes installation of the provided Jar file which gives no error  along with addition of the below parameter

In the below files

/opt/ca/clarity/tomcat-app-deploy/conf and /opt/ca/clarity/tomcat-nsa-deploy/conf

Where /opt/ca/clarity/ is the Clarity installation directory .

Attached is the logs .

Regards,

Supriya Chakraborty

Attachment(s)

zip
    app-system.log.zip   6 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Sep 13, 2016 12:39 PM

Have you reached out to itdesign to ask  them?

• 5.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Sep 14, 2016 11:56 AM

Hi Supriya,

please send the details of your issues to my email: sergiu.gavrila@itdesign.de.

Our support team will help you with your issue.

I think we have to provide you with a new installer for the the 14.x version.

Kind regards,

Sergiu Gavrila

• 6.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:30 AM

Hi Supriya.Chakraborty1,

after looking at the installer for our WebDAV product and into the error message you reported, I'm quite sure that your issue is because your are using the old 13.1 installation routine for the 14.3.

We have a newer installer and product version (including bug fixes, new features) for the 14.x which you should use.

Unfortunately we have no records of you as a contact person for one of our customers, so I can only make a guess based on google, linkedin, ... which may be wrong. 

Please contact the itdesign PPM-Support <ppm-support@itdesign.de> or my directly (sergiu.gavrila@itdesign.de) and we will help you solve this issue.

Kind regards,

Sergiu Gavrila

• 7.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2016 04:29 AM

Hi Sergiu,

Thanks for the revert and details .

I will pass on this information to the appropriate person and he will take it up from there .

Regards,

Supriya Chakraborty

• 8.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:27 AM

Hi Sergiu,

Thanks again for the information . I just checked with few of our old existing users .

They have relayed that they are no longer using web dav .

We will contact you surely if we hear from other users regarding the requirement .

Regards,

Supriya Chakraborty

• 9.  Re: WebDav(functionality to access collaborations area documents) not working  Post upgrade

Posted Dec 19, 2016 08:46 AM

This issue is resolved .

We have contacted ITD for the new Webdav version and got it installed .

Regards,

Supriya Chakraborty