Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Can we give access rights to see or access particular report in jasper

Posted May 10, 2016 02:23 PM

Hi Everyone, In Clarity we can make a resource to view only few or all Projects/Portlets or other Components by giving Global/Instance Rights to resources.
    Do we have same Option or facility on Jasper reports? I came to know Resource has right to see Advanced Reporting Right so that resource can see the Advanced reporting link.
    In the same way is there any option to view specific reports ?

Thanks,

Santosh

• 2.  Re: Can we give access rights to see or access particular report in jasper

Posted May 10, 2016 04:20 PM

You can set the permission on each folder and or report in Advanced Reporting. Are you referring to the below

• 3.  Re: Can we give access rights to see or access particular report in jasper

Posted May 10, 2016 05:36 PM

Hi Tammy,

I have selected a report and Right clicked on it and for a user i have selected no access , after logging in through that user I'm able to run the report.
    Is there any Jobs to be run after this or any Rights to be removed.?

Thanks,

Santosh.

• 4.  Re: Can we give access rights to see or access particular report in jasper

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2016 02:27 AM

Hi Jaya,

I would discourage you to give folder level permissions in Advance Reporting folders as its very cumbersome to maintain. The easy way to maintain via CA PPM rights discussed in the technical document

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1519137.aspx

Regards

Suman Pramanik