Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to XOG in attachments while changing the Filename

Posted Feb 29, 2016 10:07 AM

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to XOG-In attachments while changing their file names?

I successfully XOG-In PDF-Documents with the XML below.

My only problem is that the documents are stored  in my file source with a wrong document name (e.g. "WrongDocumentname.pdf").

In Ca PPM, I need the attachments to be stored with their real name ("RealDocumentname.pdf").

With the code below, I can only store the PDF-Files in Clarity with their original Filename (WrongDocumentname.pdf)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<NikuDataBus xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_customObjectInstance.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<Header version="14.3.0.298" externalSource="NIKU" action="write" objectType="customObjectInstance">

<args name="overrideAutoNumbering" value="true"/>

</Header>

<customObjectInstances objectCode="z_airport_it_contrac">

<instance instanceCode="AIRPORIT_AUT_IMP588" objectCode="z_airport_it_contrac">

<CustomInformation>

<ColumnValue name="z_anlagen">RealDocumentname.pdf<Documents>

<Parent documentLocation="..\Vertraege">

<Document name="WrongDocumentname.pdf" language="en" mimeType="application/pdf">

<Version id="-1" versionNumber="1"/>

</Document>

</Parent>

</Documents>

</ColumnValue>

</customObjectInstances>

</NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: How to XOG in attachments while changing the Filename

Posted Mar 22, 2016 07:19 AM

Hi,

I have never tried to change the name of a document through xog, but i would assume that it would be possible.

Below is a xog that i use have used when xogging in document to idea object. In the documents part you have the option to xog in a name for the document, which in turn would create a new instance in the db with the specified name.

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_idea.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="idea" version="8.0" />

<Ideas>

<Idea active="true" name="${row[1]}" objectID="${row[2]}" openForTimeEntry="1" pageLayoutCode="pma.ideaFrame">

<CustomInformation>

<ColumnValue name="obj_fast_track">false</ColumnValue>

<ColumnValue name="obj_request_category"></ColumnValue>

<ColumnValue name="obj_request_type"></ColumnValue>

<ColumnValue name="partition_code">NIKU.ROOT</ColumnValue>

<ColumnValue name="obj_work_status">REQUESTED</ColumnValue>

<ColumnValue name="z_bifoga">

<Documents>

<Parent documentLocation="C:\CA\Clarity\filestore">

<Document fileCreatedDate="${row[9]}" language="${row[8]}" mimeType="${row[7]}" name="${row[6]}">

<Version id="${row[10]}" versionNumber="1"/>

</Document>

</Parent>

</Documents>

</ColumnValue>

</CustomInformation>

</Idea>

</Ideas>

</NikuDataBus>

Other information that might be good to have if you are inserting a document through attachment attribute and then transfering the document between instances or objects are the CLB_DMS_FOLDERS, CLB_DMS_FILES and CLB_DMS_VERSIONS tables in the db.

CLB_DMS_FOLDERS has information on the path of the attachment attribute and its objects association.

CLB_DMS_FILES has information of the files, for example the name of the while.

CLB_DMS_VERSIONS has information of the file size and version.

When reading documents through xog, remember to use the document location argument: <args name="documentLocation" value="C:\CA\Clarity\filestore"/>

I hope this information help and i hope the xog posted solves your problem.

/Emre

• 3.  Re: How to XOG in attachments while changing the Filename

Posted Dec 08, 2016 02:18 AM

Hi all

I want to do this with a remote call. I mean, when creating an idea an integration will insert the idea and the document all will come via integration. so somehow I think that we have to copy the file to the ppm application server first. Then using this XOG we may insert the file into the idea object. Am I write? And one more question, is the "documentLocation" is the location to store the file or the location to fetch the file?