Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Passing ProjectID as a part of XOGOutput

Posted Feb 11, 2016 03:35 AM

Hi Guys.

If we xog in  a project, it gives the output as Success or Failure in the <XOGOutput> tag. Is there any way to include ProjectID also in the <XogOutput> Tag?

So if I have to get the ProjectID as a part of xogoutput after a successful project xog what would be the best approach.

Thanks

Nipun

• 2.  Re: Passing ProjectID as a part of XOGOutput

Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:08 AM

I am not aware of any method of modifying the standard output of the standard XOG client.

You would have to resort to the input file you used to see what did your try to write.

If you crated a custom solution using eg. gel you could create output message of your choice.

Though I can see the need of your request.

Create and idea in the ideation for that.

• 3.  Re: Passing ProjectID as a part of XOGOutput

Posted Feb 11, 2016 10:34 AM

In essence, I agree.

To do this today, I would propose adding a custom attribute to the (project) object that holds an 'external reference' or 'identification key'.

Then after using XOG to put the data in along with these unique import keys, you could then via an NSQL Query or project XOG read request fetch back the IDs of the projects and the keys you used to identify/match them up.

That's just one way I would maybe think to implement urmas 's suggestion using GEL (or if the requests come in via an external interface, how it might similarly be changed to get those answers).

• 4.  Re: Passing ProjectID as a part of XOGOutput

Posted Feb 15, 2016 03:18 AM
    I would propose adding a custom attribute to the (project) object that holds an 'external reference' or 'identification key'.

Nick's approach is the tried and tested way.