Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Posted Jun 15, 2016 02:27 PM

Hi All,

I have some queries regarding Jaspersoft.

We have installed jaspersoft and generated keystore and imported advance reporting content with default organization name. It is working well and we are able run reports and all.

Now team wants to change the organization name to client name.

To implement those changes.

1. i have to configure csa again with new organization name and then regenerate keystore and import advance reporting content

correct me, if am wrong or please share the steps for the same?

if we didn't those changes, did it impact any jobs such as load datawarehouse and access right? (feel that it has no impact, It is just pulling data from niku schema to DWH schema. please correct me, if am wrong )

Do the create and update  jaspersoft will fail or not?

Please advice me.

Thanks,

Agin

• 2.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 02:03 AM

If you ever need to change the organization, you need to ensure you do the below

1. Take the back up of old organizationand specifically if you have custom reports

2. Update the CSA and generate the key store and copy the keystore to Jaspersoft server

3. Restart the CSA service

4. Import the content so that new organization so that content is imported to new organization.

5. Run the create jaspersoft user job

6 If you are in 14.3 and above run the command admin jaspersoft syncPPMContext -userName superuser -password superuser . This will sync the content with PPM

Hope this helps

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Posted Oct 24, 2016 02:50 PM

Hi Suman, 

Thanks for the information.

But based on jaspersoft documentation it appears, organization/tenant has to match if we want to export/import contents. Has anyone accomplished this successfully? 

Truly appreciate any help in this regards. Thanks in advance. 

• 4.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Posted May 25, 2018 03:42 AM

Hi Suman,

I am also facing the same problem. I have taken the backup of reports using export command. But due to organisation name issue in 14.4 (Uppercase and Mixed case organisation name is creating problems in keystore generation), I have to change my organization name to lower case.

Now when I am trying to import the zip file by providing organization name in lower case, it’s giving me error as

Tenant Ids specified in the command argument doesn't match with the tenants available in the input content zip file.

And when import command is run without organization its asking to create new organization:

Tenant Ids : <NEW ORG> will be created on the given jaspersoft server.

Do you want to continue [Y/N]?

Can you please let me know how can we import/export reports across organizations?

• 5.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2018 03:53 AM

You cannot import into different organization. Please create a case and upload the export, I will fix the same and share with you the new tenant name. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Posted Jun 25, 2016 04:17 AM

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response.

After successful implementation of Jaspersoft, its handed over to the respective team. After that they changed the default organization name (Organization to Client name). After that Load dataware house job getting failed and they come back to me and saying that job failed. (ETL job finished sucessfully. "Error occurred while processing domain attributes. Forbidden")

I made the changes in CSA and reimported the keystoreand place files in the jaspersoft tomcat folder. Then i imported advance reporting content also. Then restarted the Jaspersoft tomcat and Application services.

Then ran create and update jaspersoft job.

After that also, load datawarehouse Job is failing with same error.(Not seeing any error in bg-dwh.log also)

Want to know, what this jaspersoft domain update doing in the system?

Could you please help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks,

Agin A Vadath

• 7.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2016 03:17 AM

Hi Agin,

Your DWH is not failing in data updates but in your domain updates, so looks like you made changes to either folder permission or something else, as the error is on domain updates. Try the below command and let me know. This will restore the domains to earlier state. If this doesn’t help then you need to delete the content and reimport again.

admin content-jaspersoft csk restoreDomains -userName superuser -password superuser

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: Changing the organization name in Jaspersoft after installation and configuration

Posted Jun 30, 2016 08:00 PM

Hi Agin - Did SumanPramanik's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!