Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Only One Appender in security.logs v13.0.1

Posted Apr 26, 2016 10:47 AM

Hi Community,

I was trying to set sql trace in v13.0.1 but seems like it wont generate any logs for that. I can only see one appender which is XML. However, when I tried logs in 14.2, there are 7-8 appenders and also the logs were generated successfully. It gave me 3 files with names "filename.xml.1", "filename.xml.2", "filename.xml.3".

I am wondering what am I collectively doing wrong and also it would be really helpful if someone can navigate me with the functionalities of the appenders and the rationale of 3 files.

Question-2: Why 13.0.1 doesn't generate any logs ?

Regards,

Siddharth.

Message was edited by: siddharth chawla

• 2.  Re: Only One Appender in security.logs v13.0.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2016 10:56 AM

Hi Siddhath,

If your appenders do not show, they probably were removed from CSA - Logs. To fix this, please do the following:

1. Connect to the Clarity PPM Server
    2. Navigate to $clarityppm\.setup\templates\config
    3. Copy the file logger.xml
    4. Place the file logger.xml to $clarityppm\config directory, replacing the original file there
    5. Restart all services

This should resolve your issue and help also with the possibility to generate logs. It's basically resetting the logger.xml file, which contains all the logging information to default.

Regards -Nika

• 3.  Re: Only One Appender in security.logs v13.0.1

Posted Apr 26, 2016 11:40 AM

A possible reason for multiple log files being generated is that your transactions/logs might have been spanned across files. That is, when you configure trace, you set the maximum size of the log file upon which it needs to log in a new file. During this process, you may end up having more log files due to more transactions etc. Inorder to read/know the trace, you will have to go through all the log files generated to find the one you need.