Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-valued Resource Attribute and Workflow Processes

Posted Oct 08, 2015 01:38 PM

Quick question - I can test this but hoping someone has a quick answer.

In workflow processes, can the resources identified in a multi-valued resource lookup based attribute be used for routing (assignee) action item purposes?

Single valued fields, the answer is of course, "Yes."

If no one has answer, I'll test this myself tomorrow and report results.

• 2.  Re: Multi-valued Resource Attribute and Workflow Processes

Posted Oct 23, 2015 03:40 AM

Hi Dale,

the answer is "Yes". This is what I am actually doing in of my my processes - so it is a proven working solution.

First, in a custom script, I calculate the assignees list, then put all of them into a single Process Assignees (gb_process_assignees) project attribute using the project write xog (all within the same custom gel script):

<Header version="6.0.11" action="write" objectType="project" externalSource="NIKU"/>

<Projects>

<Project name="${result.rows[0].name}" projectID="${result.rows[0].code}" billingType="I">

<CustomInformation>

<ColumnValue name="gb_process_assignees">

<core:forEach items="${group_members.rowsByIndex}" trim="true" var="row">

<Value>${row[0]}</Value>

</core:forEach>

</ColumnValue>

</CustomInformation>

</Project>

</Projects>

</NikuDataBus>

The gb_process_assignees attribute is defined as a Multi Valued Lookup - Number using a built-in Project Stakeholder (OBJ_PROJECT_STAKEHOLDER) lookup.

Then, I simply choose this attribute in the Assignees field of the Action Item (search for the Process Assignees field in the Resource Fields tab).

Sorry, if the description was too detailed, but other users (less experienced) might want to use it as well.

Happy using!

Pawel

#helpinghands