Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Reports not Visible in Repository after Generation

Posted Nov 23, 2015 06:55 AM

Hi,

I've assigned Advanced Reporting - Navigate right to a user in Clarity & have given read only access to Role User (in Jasper Server) on the reports folder in repository.

In first instance, I'm able to see & run a report within the repository through Advanced Reporting Tab in Clarity. But after generating a report when I go back to the repository to run other reports, the repository shows blank (no report is visible in the repository).

If I clear my IE cache & login again to Clarity & access my repository using Advance reporting tab, then I'm able to see my reports again.

This issue is happening with Users having Advanced Reporting - Navigate rights only.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 2.  Re: Reports not Visible in Repository after Generation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 08:32 AM

Hi Divyanshu,

Try this as workaround and let me know if it helps

1. Log directly into Jaspersoft UI with the superuser account

2. In the Toolbar -> select "View" -> "Repository"

3. Then expand root -> <your organization name> -> CA PPM -> Then Right-Click on the "Reports" Folder and select "Permissions"

4. Scroll down and find the role of "ROLE_USER"

5. The role has "No Access" to this folder -> Give that role "Read Only"

6. When logging into CA Clarity PPM and choosing "Advance Reporting" - users with only the access right of "Advanced Reporting - Navigate" can see and run reports

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Reports not Visible in Repository after Generation

Posted Nov 23, 2015 01:53 PM

Thanks Suman for your prompt response.

But, I've already followed above steps after which a user with Advanced Reporting - Navigate right can see and run the reports.

Once the user runs a report by right clicking on it & selecting run, the report gets generated in the same IE tab. Now, when user again wants to go back to the repository by clicking on view repository, repository shows blank with no reports.

This issue exists till user don't clear the IE cache. But, after generating a report once again this issue comes.

Request you to check this behavior at you end & let me know if you have any solution for the same.

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 4.  Re: Reports not Visible in Repository after Generation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 02:09 PM

HI Divyanshu,

I am not able to reproduce this behaviour, can you please raise a support case and we can work with you to fix the same.

Regards

Suman Pramanik