Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 08, 2015 03:25 PM

Hi there,

Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Currently, we need to provide manually a Task ID to the unplanned task created from the "Timesheets" interface. Has anyone thought of something that could provide

an automated Task ID based on the Project we want to link the task to ?

Thanks and have a nice day,

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 08, 2015 05:24 PM

If unplanned means unassigned then I don't have to enter the ID, I just pick the task from the list displayed.

If unplanned means a task not in the project plan then I can't create new tasks on the timesheet.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 11:11 AM

Hi Urmas,

Well here are screen shots on what I mean by "Unplanned Task" :

screenshot_timesheettas1k.pngscreenshot_timesheettask2.png

Now the problem is, when you select an "investment" you want to add your "unplanned" task to from your timesheets interface, you have no idea on what the Task ID

should be. Therefore, I expect it might cause problems later when refering to the task (in case there are doublons, etc.)...

As I understand, Clarity has this limitation and hasn't been thought for suggesting or helping the user determine the "Task ID" in this case... What do you think?

Thanks again for the response,

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 03:30 PM

I don't have it.

I have all the global rights and am the project manager of those project where I am in the team. So I have booking and edit project plan 7rights.

What is your Clarity version (mine is 13.3)?

What rights does your user have? - a team member with just timeentry rights?

Chris_Hackett this is the thread I was referring to at the end of the Office hours.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 03:35 PM

You need to activate your resource's, projects' and tasks' time entry. Then populate your timesheet and then you will be able to create "Unplanned Tasks" by "Adding a Task" as shown on the screen capture. Then you'll have the choice to add an Existing Task or an "Unplanned Task" to your timesheet.

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:35 PM

I am open for time entry so are the project and tasks. All tasks in any project where I am the manager and in the project team display either as assigned or unassigned tasks after I click Add task. Populate makes no difference in that respect. I do not have Unplanned option but I do have Create task.

It is not a question of opening for time entry or how do I get there.

Still interested in what rights does your user have.

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 05:00 PM

I think he forgot to mention clicking Create Task on the next screen, from where you are on the screenshot. We dont use this in or org (that I'm aware of, I just assume I can see it as an admin), but wanted to at least clarify what the OP was referring to.

• 8.  Re: Is there a way to simplify the Timesheet interface while adding an unplanned task?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 05:23 PM

OK, thanks now I finally got it.

apparently can't read other people's posts.

The first thing that comes into my mind is that it is not different from creating a new task in the task list or WBS. If you do not have autonumbering on task ID's you have to provide it if you are using task ID's. It is not a required field here either.