Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

[14.2] PMO Accelerator shows Installation Failed after upgrade

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  [14.2] PMO Accelerator shows Installation Failed after upgrade

    Posted 08-10-2015 02:27 PM

    After upgrading our test environment to 14.2, the "Accelerator: Program Management Office" Content Add-In shows status "Installation Failed", even though the logs show it was successfull. Going in to the addin and items, "Idea and Project Category Parameterized Lookup" shows Not Installed. No errors displayed in any logs (we enabled tracing and reinstalled the addin, nothing unusual), and the attribute seems to be working fine so far as we can tell. CA Support does not believe this to be related to [14.2] Project Properties > Fields page does not load so I wanted to post them separately to see if anyone else is seeing similar issues with their 14.2 upgrades.



  • 2.  Re: [14.2] PMO Accelerator shows Installation Failed after upgrade

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-13-2017 12:11 PM

    Hi L.Elias,

    What did you decide to do -- perhaps your response will help others upgrading to the new 15.x releases?

     

    Thank you!



  • 3.  Re: [14.2] PMO Accelerator shows Installation Failed after upgrade

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-15-2017 10:42 AM

    I just realized this is very old post. However wanted to make sure that there are some next steps on this.

     

    A recommendation to whoever hits a similar issue:

    Check if Idea and Project Category Parameterized Lookup the only item that shows Not Installed.

     

    Apply the Not Installed items as follows:

     

    1. Go to Content Addins - Items - List
    2. Filter for everything starting with Idea and Project Category
    3. You will have:

    Idea and Project Category

    Idea and Project Category Parameterized Lookup

    1. Select both and hit Install

     

    This will apply both lookups to your system.

     

    After it completes, check how the item status and content addin status displays. The errors and warnings will be thrown in the app-ca log.

     

    At this point with Lino's install I think that something went wrong and installing the lookup could show us if this is the issue. Usually if the PMO install failed there would be errors/warnings in the admin.log, if there aren't any, then we should try applying as per above and looking in app-ca.log.

     

     

    Thank you -Nika



  • 4.  Re: [14.2] PMO Accelerator shows Installation Failed after upgrade
    Best Answer

    Posted 05-15-2017 10:46 AM

    No relevant errors were ever logged in any of the log files, trying to install the lookup manually would seem to complete but still show as not installed. Eventually CA support supplied a query to run on the DB to update it to the correct status. The issue came up again while testing our 15.1 upgrade and CA once again provided a DB query to update the statuses, with no resolution for whatever the underlying problem might be. We have not run in to any issues with actual usage though, so *shrugs*