Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to change the home/landing page for Advanced Reporting?

Posted Jan 24, 2016 04:18 AM

Hi All,

My requirement is to show list of reports available to user when he/she clicks on Advanced Reporting. By default, Jasper home page opens showing list of recently viewed report.

I tried following method to change the home page for user having "Advanced Reporting:Navigate" right only by making changes in jasperserver-servlet.xml:

<bean id="proHomePageByRole" class="java.util.ArrayList">

<constructor-arg>

<list>

<value>ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR|redirect:/flow.html?_flowId=homeFlow</value>

<value>ROLE_USER|redirect:/flow.html?_flowId=searchFlow&amp;mode=library</value>

</list>

</constructor-arg>

</bean>

But, this method is working for internal Jasper user when the same logs on to Jasper Server directly. When I click on Advanced Reporting, it is opening the default page only.

Did anybody tried changing the landing page for Advanced Reporting?

Please Suggest.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to change the home/landing page for Advanced Reporting?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2016 01:10 AM

Hi Divyanshu,

This can be achieved by the functionality of Home Page in CA PPM, these are the stesp

1. Login to CA PPM

2. Navigate to Advance reporting and then Navigate to Repository

3. Hover on the main menu and set as Home

4. Logout and login back

Now if you navigate to Advance reporting you will be taken to repository page.

The values are saved under HOME_URL in CMN_SEC_USERS Table and based on the example I gave it looks like this

select user_name, home_url from cmn_sec_users where user_name = 'admin'

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to change the home/landing page for Advanced Reporting?

Posted Jan 25, 2016 01:42 AM

Thanks SumanPramanik for your prompt response. But my requirement is bit different. I'm not required to change the homepage for CA PPM. My requirement is to show list of reports accessible to a user as per his/her roles when he/she clicks on Advanced Reporting under Home menu in CA PPM.

Default view is :

Required is:

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to change the home/landing page for Advanced Reporting?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2016 01:45 AM

Hi Divyanshu,

I am not aware of any supported way of doing that. I remember in BO you can grant rights at report instance level and user will be able to view the same. However with Jaspersoft I don't see that's possible.Could you please raise an idea and our product management can take a look..

RegardsSuman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to change the home/landing page for Advanced Reporting?

Posted Jan 25, 2016 01:51 AM

Thanks SumanPramanik. I'll do that.