Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint

Posted Sep 18, 2015 01:29 AM

Hi,

We have a requirement to store the Project Documents in the client SharePoint site instead of the Clarity Document Manager.

I have been checking the documentations available in the support site regarding this and I'm not able to figure out if its possible and if yes, how!

The document mentions the CA Clarity SharePoint Connector installs the 'Communication and Collaboration' site which  'Provides a SharePoint document library where you can upload and store local SharePoint documents.'

Does this mean that once I install the plugin, there will be a folder for each project that appear in the sharepoint site and the users can upload their documents in this location and still be able to access the location from Clarity? Can anyone share some thoughts on this or point me to a demo video or screen grabs on how it would appear.

-Harish

• 2.  Re: Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2015 09:10 PM

Hi Harish,

take a look at this site, it might provide the information you need

http://www.itroisolutions.com/sharepoint/sharepoint-to-clarity-document-collaboration-and-portlets

Cheers,
    Federico

• 3.  Re: Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint

Posted Sep 22, 2015 09:50 PM

Thank you Federico. The video did give me a little better understanding of how the interface would appear.

• 4.  Re: Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint

Posted Sep 23, 2015 01:21 PM

Federico,

I may have asked this before – with your ITROI Sharepoint solution, can I create a “SharePoint” tab on a Product, rather than a Project?

Dale

• 5.  Re: Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint

Posted Sep 23, 2015 01:23 PM

Hi Dale,

yes we support all investments.

Cheers,

Federico

• 6.  Re: Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint

Posted Sep 27, 2015 08:53 PM

Hi Federico,

Does the Out-of-the-box integrator that comes along with the Clarity installable provide me the feature to store documents in sharepoint, or do we have to go for the IT-ROI Sharepoint tool?

• 7.  Re: Storing Project Documents in Sharepoint

Posted Sep 28, 2015 11:01 AM

Hi Harish,

although i am not very familiar with the CA OOB integration, if you have SharePoint, then there is no integration needed to store documents, weather they are project related or not. 

from what i understand the OOB integration allows you do store clarity data in SP lists and allows you to synch that data to SP from clarity. 

Site creation has to be done manually, and there is no mapping, but nothing stops your team from storing documents on that SP site.

hope that helps.

Federico