Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  "Resource" Resource Field for Project object

Posted Jul 08, 2015 09:26 AM

Dear All,

I need to create a manual action in a process with Project as an primary object. This manual action needs to be sent to a dynamically calculated recipients(s).

I found the "Resource" Resource Field, which I could potentially use for this purpose. Which project attribute stands "behind" this particular Resource Field. I would then use custom script to set it up just before the manual step.

I want to avoid creating another custom field which could become a Resource Field, although I know it is possible (and I know how to do it).

Thanks in advance,

Pawel

• 2.  Re: "Resource" Resource Field for Project object
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2015 04:10 PM

It's linked to preagg_resource attribute on Investment, which is a private and virtual field (not editable, and not even really populated, it's only used internally by the application for some specific pre-aggregation filtering criteria).

I would say its appearance on that manual notification recipients page was a mistake.

• 3.  Re: "Resource" Resource Field for Project object

Posted Jul 08, 2015 04:50 PM

I've reported these attributes as a potential defect.  Previously they were showing up in another place (the body of the notification message used to let you select these attributes incorrectly too), which has been fixed, but it seems they can also appear in the assignees dialog tabs also.

Reference: CLRT-78266 Virtual private fields are selectable for sending manual action items to in a process

• 4.  Re: "Resource" Resource Field for Project object

Posted Jul 09, 2015 03:17 AM

Thanks Nick!