Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Deleting Attribute - Issue with Attribute Audit Log - CA PPM 14.2.0.237

Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:06 PM

Hey peeps,

We just recently upgraded from CA Clarity PPM v12 to 14.

So I need to change an attribute lookup which means I need to delete an attribute out of an object and add it again with the new lookup attached.

I have removed the attribute out of the object attribute audit log, however when I try to delete the attribute it wont let me stating "Attribute auditing must be removed".

Any ideas on what I can do other than drop the attribute using SQL? Screen shots below

Thanks!

BH

Application Attribute Deletion Error.jpg

• 2.  Re: Deleting Attribute - Issue with Attribute Audit Log - CA PPM 14.2.0.237
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:15 PM

Hi BenHarper,

Happy New Year!

There is a known defect in 14.2 and fixed in 14.3. Are you on 14.2?

CLRT-76698

Steps to Reproduce:

1.Edit an object, for instance Object_A, in Studio (Administration => Studio => Objects)
    2.Add a new attribute, Attribute_A with id = A (Attributes => New => Attribute ID = A)
    3.In Audit Trail for Object_A (Object:Object_A - Audit Trail Attributes) select Attribute_A to be audited
    3a.Select Attribute_A from the list of "Attributes Available for Auditing" and added it to "Audited Attributes"
    3b.Select Attribute_A from the list of "Attributes Available for Logging Insert Operation" and added it to "Logged Attributes for Insert Operation"
    3c.Select Attribute_A from the list of "Attributes Available for Logging Delete Operation" and added it to "Logged Attributes for Delete Operation"
    3d.Save the changes don on the Audit Trail of Object_A
    ---
    4.Edit a different object, for instance Object_B, in Studio (Administration => Studio => Objects)
    5.Add a new attribute, Attribute_A with id = A (Attributes => New => Attribute ID = A)
    6.Delete the attribute just added, Attribute_A, from Object_B, Object: Object_B - Attributes (Attributes => Select Attribute B => Delete)

Expected Result:The Attribute_A from Object_B to be deleted
    Actual Result:The Attribute_A from Object_B can not be deleted. This error message is shown: ErrorThe selected attributes can't be deleted as they are being used. The error conditions are marked below.

Bottomline, check if there are attributes in other objects with the same attribute ID as the one you are trying to delete.

Let me know how it went.

Thanks,

Jerin    

• 3.  Re: Deleting Attribute - Issue with Attribute Audit Log - CA PPM 14.2.0.237

Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:21 PM

This same attribute exists in 5 different objects so that's gotta be it.

I will try removing it from the audit logs on all of them and see how I go.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• 4.  Re: Deleting Attribute - Issue with Attribute Audit Log - CA PPM 14.2.0.237

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:24 PM

Cool! Try it out and let us know how it went. Thanks, Jerin

• 5.  Re: Deleting Attribute - Issue with Attribute Audit Log - CA PPM 14.2.0.237

Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:25 PM

This worked straight away. I am able to delete this attribute now.

Thank you so much for your help!!

• 6.  Re: Deleting Attribute - Issue with Attribute Audit Log - CA PPM 14.2.0.237

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:27 PM

No worries. Glad it worked!! Jerin