Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Export list view to Excel; Hyperlinks not working

Posted Apr 07, 2015 08:45 AM

(I'm guessing this will only apply to OnDemand users)

I'm running Clarity PPM 13.2 OnDemand, using Firefox 31 as my browser.

Very simple procedure; Go to the projects list view, filter for any desired results, use the standard method to "Export to Excel (data only)".

The resulting Excel file will have the Project Name listed as a hyperlink. Prior to any action, ensure that a browser window (Firefox v31) is already open, with an actively logged in Clarity session.

If you click on a hyperlink to any project name, it will open a second tab in the browser window, but it takes you to the OnDemand Portal login page and displays "You are signed in as <your login id>".

If you right click the hyperlink in the Excel file and select Edit Hyperlink, and copy/paste it into the URL Address of any browser window, it correctly takes you directly to the project properties as desired.

Another user reported this to me, but he reports that this does work correctly for some users. However he and I see this behavior in both Firefox and IE. So it indicates to me perhaps some incorrect browser or excel configuration?

• 2.  Re: Export list view to Excel; Hyperlinks not working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2015 10:13 AM

Hi MatthewPalicki

I remember seeing this issue for IE and When you click the link from Excel, First, Office tries to communicate with the Web server. Then Office tries to directly bind to the resource by using the Microsoft Hyperlink Library (Hlink.dll) and the URLMON API. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838028

When Office sends the Web page request, you may be redirected to the Web site logon page for the SSO system. This behavior occurs because the Office session is independent of the Web browser session in which you may have already provided user credentials.

Because the sessions are independent, session cookies are not shared. If the SSO system exclusively relies on session cookie information, the SSO system may not appear to work because the same user moves from more than one session. This behavior is a fundamental design limitation of an SSO system when the SSO system is not designed to support SSO authentication across more than one browser or Web-aware application on the client desktop. Because Office is a fully Web-aware application, the issue may appear unique to Office applications if they are the only Web-aware clients that are installed by the client. However, the root cause of this issue is not limited to Microsoft Office, and this problem may occur when you use third-party software.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Export list view to Excel; Hyperlinks not working

Posted Apr 07, 2015 10:23 AM

Thanks - I think. Your response seems to explain the root cause. However I cannot ascertain from that article if there is any kind of workaround that can be done, or if its simply something we have to live with

• 4.  Re: Export list view to Excel; Hyperlinks not working

• 5.  Re: Export list view to Excel; Hyperlinks not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2015 02:19 AM

The workaround is to copy the URL instead of directly clicking on it which you are already using it.

Regards

Suman Pramanik