Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

• 1.  Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 11, 2016 07:40 AM

We have a requirement to build a report which is similar to Project Status Summary Report. We are on Clarity 14.2 and there is no OOTB Project Status Summary Report in available Advanced reporting. I want to develop a custom report which uses "Phase and Key Milestone Schedule" section of Project Status Summary report.  Is there any way we can get that report?

• 2.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 11, 2016 02:45 PM

Install the Jasper Studio (use the stylised version available from CA) and connect to your CA PPM repository.  You can then navigate to the report files from the Repository Browser.

• 3.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:43 AM

We have already installed Jaspersoft and configured Advanced report in Clarity. All other Clarity reports are available in repository library. But we couldn't find the "Project Status Summary" report from that.

• 4.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2016 02:19 AM

I am looking at 14.3 and I can see the report

• 5.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 12, 2016 03:47 AM

Yes, I searched in our 14.2 Clarity and I couldn't see this particular report there in Advanced reporting.

• 6.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2016 08:12 AM

You are correct in 14.2 we don't have the project summary report however it has been added in 14.3 along with few other reports

– Financial Budget vs. Forecast by Period

– Portfolio Plan Changes

– Portfolio Plan Comparison

– Program Budget vs. Forecast by Period

– Program Milestone Dependencies

– Program Status Detail

– Project Earned Value

– Project Status Summary

Hope this helps

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 7.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 12, 2016 09:21 AM

Thanks. I understood. Since we are using 14.2 version is there any way to get the report design for us. I don't see any other reports in 14.2 which have a Gantt view like in "Phase and Key Milestone Schedule" section of Project Status Summary report.

• 8.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2016 09:34 AM

The best option which I can think of is install a 14.3 system and open the report using Jasper studio, save a copy and import to 14.2 to see if it works. I haven't tested the same and I am not sure if the attributes used in the report exist in 14.2 or not.

• 9.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 12, 2016 12:25 PM

I tried in that way and copied the jrxml code from 14.3 and added that section under "Project Storyboard" in 14.2. I have mapped the parameters, published and ran the report in Clarity. The report is generating but, I am not able to see the graph. Instead it is showing "Chart Type not supported". I doubt is there any limitation for this jaspersoft lower version which we using in 14.2?

• 10.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2016 12:42 PM

I just checked the release notes of 14.2 and it states CA Clarity PPM does not support Jaspersoft flash charts.

• 11.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 13, 2016 02:03 AM

Thank you very much Suman. So we can assume that CA included "Project Status Summary" report in only in 14.3, due to this Jaspersoft version compatibility.

• 12.  Re: Jasper report for Project Status Summary in Clarity 14.2

Posted Jan 13, 2016 06:51 PM

Hi Justin,

If no further question could you go ahead and mark the thread answered?

Thanks

Connie