Clarity PPM

Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

• 1.  Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

Posted 03-15-2016 09:36 PM

I have followed the directions, and even had one of my tech guys sit with me as I repeated the steps.  See error messages below, but basically there are no macros in project (buttons are there but there is nothing in the code). Here is what I have installed for this:

• 14.3 Clarity
    • MSP 2010 (SP2)
    • Non-Legacy 64bit Project Interface (as downloaded from CA PPM)
    • Microsoft NET 4.5 (4 is no longer supported through my company)
    • Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

Thanks! (Also feel free to send me Excedrin, because this has given me quite the headache)

• 2.  Re: Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

Posted 03-16-2016 01:36 AM

• 3.  Re: Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

Posted 03-16-2016 09:35 AM

Unfortunately I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the connector (I saw this thread while searching like a crazed person yesterday).  The only change is that the error message would appear when I opened MSP on my computer and not just when trying to open the scheduler from CAPPM.

I'm hesitant to open a ticket, but I will do it if I need to.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

Posted 03-23-2016 08:48 PM

If your MSP2010 64 bit or 32 bit? I've seen this error if the MSP Interface bit level installed is a different bit level then then MSP's bit, so just wanted to double check it was 64 bit, as the communities thread mentioned talks about JRE and MSP bit but I don't think it mentions the part about the MSP Interface bit and Microsoft Project's bit level needing to match too. If that's not the issue, the other thing we've seen help is a clean uninstall/reinstall:

1. From the Control Panel, uninstall the following:

MSP Interface, Schedule Connect, CA Addin

2. From the C:\Program Files, delete the following 2 folders:

CA\Clarity and CA Clarity PPM Setups

3. Clean out the registry:

On the workstation, go to Start and type 'regedit' in the search field. Select regedit.exe.

Select File -> Export and enter a File Name to store the back-up of the registry just in case

Once finished creating a backup, delete the following keys if exist:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Niku

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Niku

If on Win7 you may need to drill down to the Wow6432 folder to get to the Niku folder.

4. In MSP:

Go to View > Macros > Visual Basic Editor

Expand ProjectGlobal, Expand Modules

Delete the modules that start with either CA_ and Niku_

Expand Microsoft Project Objects, Double-click on Thisproject

Select everything in the right panel and delete it, Save and exit VB

Go to File > Options> Trust Center > Trust Center Settings

Make sure "Enable all macros" is selected.

5. Reinstall the MSP Interface.

• 5.  Re: Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

Posted 06-27-2016 06:02 AM

I saw this behavior before on the same environment (CA PPM 14.3, MSP 2010 SP2)

It can happen, when you work in MSP and try to save a project back to CA PPM through the CA PPM-Integration.

The MSP windows seems to be released too soon. Meaning, that you can quit/close your MSP session, while the saving process is still running.

Solution: Wait until the "Close" button in MSP (the "x" on the top right of your window) gets responsive. It should turn from grey to red and a little bubble help - Saying "Close" should pop up. That is the right time to click on close.

Unfortunately, you can click the "Close" button prematurely, which causes the error message you see.

• 6.  Re: Issues with 14.3 and MSP Integration

Posted 06-27-2016 07:03 AM

Peter, you are correct on the "Close" button triggering a similar pop-up (it is MSP closing our macro too soon) but the issue here seems to be an error during load.

If the error is not appearing when closing MSP but during the load stage and you have already tried Kristin's suggestions above, please open a new Support case. If you do that, please have ready the full PPM version (as you can see in the About section) as well as the full MSP 2010 version (as it is shown in the File > Account > About section).