Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Target allocation

Posted Dec 15, 2015 03:53 AM

HI Team

can anyone tell me whats the target allocation in clarity?

i searched in Resource management user guide and Project management user guide but no luck. i am seeing some of the resources in clarity with 0% and some with 100% target allocation.

i just want to know how it differs from allocation.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Daya

• 2.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:11 PM

Could you please share screenshot? Or provide more information on this field? Like field_id?

• 3.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:35 PM

This field is present in the resource portlet result set. Target AllocationSS.JPG

• 4.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:39 PM

HI DJ V,

i am not to find the field id.

i have attached the screen shot in my previous update.

not able to any information regarding this in technical reference guide as well.

Thanks

Daya

• 5.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 15, 2015 03:14 PM

Looks like custom field or re-purposed existing field. Could you go to Configure > List Column Section > Fields > Properties and share screenshot?

• 6.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 16, 2015 01:19 AM

HI DJV

Here is the screen shot that i have attached.

Thanks

DayaTarget AllocationSS2.JPG

• 7.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 16, 2015 12:33 PM

Another way to look at that is in the attribute list. If the database table is ODF_CA_RESOURCE it is a custom field.

• 8.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 16, 2015 05:10 PM

I have not seen this attribute so looks like custom field. Could you confirm source of this field? Go to Administration > Objects > Resource > Attributes and confirm table name for this attribute? If it's ODF_CA_RESOURCE than it confirms a custom attribute.

• 9.  Re: Target allocation

Posted Dec 22, 2015 02:42 AM

HI DJV,

Thanks a lot for your help. yes this is a custom field and i got the definition for this:

It is the desired percentage of a resources available time to be allocated to projects.   It is not calculated, it is set.  It is used in other calculations pertaining to allocations. There are only 2 values that been set for this field they are 0% and 100%. Departments that do not track allocations in Clarity will have a 0% setting. sorry for the delayed response, i was out of office for 3 days.

Thanks

Dayananda