Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  What does SAFe Gold Level Partnership mean to 14.2?

Posted Jun 25, 2015 01:25 PM

Today, watched video from April where SAFe Gold Level partnership was announced in the context of 14.2.  Something about Lean/Agile practices applied to portfolio management.

What does this means in actual terms of 14.2?  Are there new portlets, reports, processes, etc. or modified instances of such things, affected by this new partnership, in 14.2?

We are on 13.1, moving to 14.2.  The big changes for us, that I'm aware of, are the addition of waterline views, performance improvements and removal of the number of investments one can have in a portfolio.  Have not yet been informed on what impact SAFe partnership has yielded.  Perhaps, the partnership is only announced, now, and  the affects will show up in revs past 14.2?

Putting a presentation together for management review, on the changes/benefits of 14.2 - will leave this topic off if I can't find an answer.

Thanks,

Dale

• 2.  Re: What does SAFe Gold Level Partnership mean to 14.2?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 01:54 AM

Happy Friday, Dale !

Doing a quick google on "SAFe Gold Level partnership", yielded the following -

http://www.scaledagile.com/become-a-partner/

http://www.scaledagileframework.com/

Have you spoken to your account manager on this yet ?

Also, it would be great if you can share the link to the video, so it would help anyone interested

Regards

NJ

• 3.  Re: What does SAFe Gold Level Partnership mean to 14.2?

• 4.  Re: What does SAFe Gold Level Partnership mean to 14.2?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2015 06:09 AM

Hi Dale,

As you've mentioned the Scaled Agile Framework is essentially an IT Governance framework for Agile projects. This is the official site (Scaled Agile Framework)

As for the impact on CA PPM, I've seen a number of portlets and pages that have been built in CA PPM to support the SAFe methodology. This has only recently been released to CA presales but I'd expect it to work its way into the CA PPM product as either an accelerator or some sort of packaged solution. I'm not sure it will have an impact on 14.2 and potentially be released as part of 14.3 (maybe just before CA World). 

My guess is that CA's overall strategy will be to use Rally as the tool for managing Agile projects and CA PPM as the overarching governance/portfolio enabling you to mix your portfolio with projects and work from any methodology.

Agile is definitely a direction CA are going into and the Rally purchase has given them one of the best tools on the market to start with.

Sorry I can't give you a screenshot but hope it helps,

Pete

• 5.  Re: What does SAFe Gold Level Partnership mean to 14.2?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 09:36 AM

Thanks, Pete.  Will look for content showing up in future releases, accelerators.