Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  MSP Mappng fields

Posted Aug 11, 2015 09:04 AM

I was reading documentation on tips for using MSP Schedule Connect with Clarity PPM. One tip was to enable the PM to track any task start/finish date changes which occur through export/import commands, by mapping "Prior Start" and "Prior Finish" Task attributes to Start10 and Finish10. This sounds great - except for the fact that I cannot locate "Prior Start" or "Prior Finish" attributes anywhere - on the Task object or any other object for that matter. What am I missing?

• 2.  Re: MSP Mappng fields

Posted Aug 20, 2015 09:39 AM

The "Prior Start" and "Prior Finish" functionality will copy the "prStart" and "prFinish" fields from CA PPM to the "Start10" and "Finish10" fields in MSP.  This will be a one-way copy from CA PPM to MSP after the last saved MSP schedule is opened in MSP, but before any new updates are applied from CA PPM to MSP.  Choose "2 - Export from Clarity to MSP ONLY" in the mapping.  This will provide the Project Manager the ability to see the Task Start and Finish dates from the last saved copy of the MSP schedule AND the Task Start and Finish Dates after the schedule has been updated with the latest CA PPM changes.