Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Add Group Participant through Xog

Posted Aug 19, 2015 10:16 AM

I have a xog file that can add an individual resource to a project as a participant. I was wondering if anyone has the xog syntax to do the same for a system group? System groups are added as paricipants through the UI by the following steps

1. Navigate to a project

2. Navigate to the team tab of a project

3. Drop down team tab arrow and select participants

4. update the show drop down from "Resources" to "System Groups"

5. Click add button and select and add a group

Xog Syntax to add an individual resource as participant

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_project.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="project" version="6.0.11"/>

<Projects>

<Project name="******" projectID="xxxxx">

<participants>

<resource userName="xxxx"/>

</participants>

</Project>

</Projects>

</NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: Add Group Participant through Xog

Posted Sep 10, 2015 09:44 AM

The project XOG schema and handler does not have support for participant system groups at this time, it only accepts individual resources that it can look up as valid user/resource records in the system.

Now, it may work when you have a template that already has system groups listed on it, and you use XOG to create a project from the template (I haven't tried this but that might bring across the existing system groups), but that would be the extent of it.

• 3.  Re: Add Group Participant through Xog

Posted Nov 03, 2015 06:50 PM

Hello,

please post your answer, if any one is able to add security group as participant by xog or any other workaround.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Add Group Participant through Xog

Posted Nov 04, 2015 05:43 AM

As above, we can only add system groups as participants via the application.

(a not-very-elegant workaround might be to add the individual resources who are members of the system group as participants via XOG - a regularly scheduled process (in order to pick up new group members and/or new projects) could do this. Not sure I would like that if there are lots of members of the "system group", but it'd be OK if there were just a few (eg. admins?). Otherwise, build a portlet that shows projects that don't have the system group as a participantpant, script a manual system-administrator work process to run the portlet and then 'correct' the data.)

• 5.  Re: Add Group Participant through Xog

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:46 AM

Thanks for the reply. we decided to stick with the manual efforts by the PM to add it through the UI