Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Posted Jul 10, 2015 07:13 AM

Hi All,

Could someone please let me know the difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation.

The functionality and the working of the tools.

Regards,

Frederic

Robert_Ensinger  - Could you please help me out with my concern.

• 2.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Posted Jul 10, 2015 08:45 AM

Hi Frederic.

The Jaspersoft Server software and that ships with Clarity 14.2 is Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Professional.

Jaspersoft's current release is 6.1 - here is a matrix of the features of all Jaspersoft editions: Software Editions - Jaspersoft Business Intelligence

Here is a webinar that could provide you more information as well: Evaluating Jaspersoft Commercial and Community Editions - Jaspersoft Business Intelligence

While these links should technically answer your question about differences in Jaspersoft editions, functionally, what's often overlooked when we CA PPM people say 'Jaspersoft' is the true star of the show - the new for 14.2 CA PPM Datamart, ETL tools and all the CA PPM plumbing that surrounds this.

HTH,

Rob

• 3.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Posted Jul 13, 2015 02:51 AM

Thanks Robert, for your quick response and giving me the basic idea of Jasersoft.

The question which i have on my head is will the Jaspersoft developer will be able to develop reports in Clarity easily or do the developer need any extra learning to complete to develop a report in Clarity system.

If you have more details regarding how to develop a report in Jaspersoft could you please share with me, will be a great help.

Regards,

Freddy 

• 4.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2015 03:28 AM

Hi Frederic,

You will need skills of Jasper soft to design  the report, however if the domain is built probably the business users can create an adhoc view. We do have the guides published to create the report using Studio Processional. Hope it helps

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/product-related-technical-information/ca-ppm-advanced-reporting-and-database-schema-index.aspx

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Posted Jul 13, 2015 03:57 PM

The link points to a page where the files on FTP do not exist. [550 No such file.]

• 6.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2015 02:03 AM

Hi Suhas,

Which file you are trying to download?

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 7.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Posted Jul 14, 2015 10:38 AM

All of them

Thanks and Regards,

Suhas H Kamble

• 8.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2015 12:04 PM

Hi Suhas,

Please raise a support case asking for the document.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 9.  Re: Difference between Jaspersoft stand alone tool and the Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity Installation

Posted Jul 13, 2015 08:01 AM

Hi Freddy. As Suman alludes, to the Ad-Hoc reporting capability is business user focused, so this should be pretty easy for smart people to pick up on. If your reporting requirements cannot be met through the Ad-Hoc capability and you need to develop reports in Jasper Studio - I highly recommend a class. I did a one day, hands on 'deep dive' Jasper Development class at Rego University in May and it made my jaw drop. I'm no dummy around this stuff, but, for example, creating a input parameter in Jaspersoft was not something I would have easily picked up on through documentation & just figuring it out in the IDE. In my opinion, any training pays for itself in time savings. CA has some WBTs available on their CA Education site and the excellent 3rd party vendors have training resources as well. Review whats available and see what fits your needs.